Death record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Gidoo

Death record

Post by Gidoo »

Can a death record be reversed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Death record

Post by russellhltn »

Probably, but it would likely take a clerk to call support to make it happen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:29 pm Probably, but it would likely take a clerk to call support to make it happen.
Yes. It takes a phone call. Local Unit Support once updated a death date for me. The death had been recorded ten years earlier, but the inactive member actually died just a few days before I made the call to the Membership Department seeking information as I was preparing to conduct the funeral.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Well, that's one way of getting one self added to a "do not contact" list. <grin>
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:01 pm Well, that's one way of getting one self added to a "do not contact" list. <grin>
A clerk at the time felt it was easier than using the address unknown function. And this happened at a time when records send to address unknown wound up back in the unit within a few months. Records with a death date, of course, are never returned.

Return to “Membership Help”