Past unit leadership

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jamesryanaycock

Past unit leadership

Post by jamesryanaycock »

I distinctly remember some time ago seeing a page within LCR or just the church website where I could see a list of past bishops and other priesthood leaders for my ward. I can no longer find this. Wondering if anyone knew where this went?
Thanks
davesudweeks

Re: Past unit leadership

Post by davesudweeks »

It is/was on CDOL (Church Directory of Leaders) and only had certain callings. I haven't been in a calling that grants access to CDOL for a few years so I don't know what it has today. I don't know the exact list, but the number of callings with access is pretty short, if I recall. Stake Presidents, Bishops, Branch Presidents, and Clerks. I don't know if counselors and assistant clerks have access.
caillines

Post by caillines »

davesudweeks wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:44 pm It is/was on CDOL (Church Directory of Leaders) and only had certain callings. I haven't been in a calling that grants access to CDOL for a few years so I don't know what it has today. I don't know the exact list, but the number of callings with access is pretty short, if I recall. Stake Presidents, Bishops, Branch Presidents, and Clerks. I don't know if counselors and assistant clerks have access.
Yep, it's still there in CDOL.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I can see the history of individuals, but I'm not seeing any history for the unit. But perhaps my calling doesn't allow that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I have found that "recently", the historical information in CDOL has become much more complete, and seems to be more consistent among all the units I have looked up. For me in CDOL, the relatively new "Historical Information" tab shows up for wards/branches, stakes, missions, and even areas. For wards, most seem to list past Bishops, 1st/2nd Counselors, Exec Sec, Clerks, and Finance Clerks. Stakes seem to have Stake Presidents, 1st/2nd Counselors, Patriarchs, Exec Sec, Clerks and Assistant Clerks. Areas have everything from the President to Medical Advisers. And I'm not aware if CDOL access is further discretized to allow certain access to certain things like Historical Information, based on callings.

Regarding the O.P., I don't see any true pattern for how far back historical data is listed. For many wards I've checked out in CDOL, many I've seen generally shows the Bishop back to the '70s (which for us in the mission field is usually back to our beginnings, or before our wards/stakes even existed ;)) But there appears to be a lot of variations, I've seen some legacy wards that have more data, at least for the Bishops. I'm no data historian, but it looks like around 2009 or so the Church put a lot of info into some kind of database, because that's when a lot more of historical calling info appears in different units.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrianEdwards wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:04 am For me in CDOL, the relatively new "Historical Information" tab shows up for wards/branches, stakes, missions, and even areas.
No such tab is visible to me. It's likely calling dependent.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:46 am
BrianEdwards wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:04 am For me in CDOL, the relatively new "Historical Information" tab shows up for wards/branches, stakes, missions, and even areas.
No such tab is visible to me. It's likely calling dependent.
Probably only Stake Presidency, Stake Clerk, Bishopric and Ward Clerk. As a stake assistant clerk I can't see organizational history either. But I can see individual calling history.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”