Not receiving Email notifications sense February

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
pcardelli

Not receiving Email notifications sense February

Post by pcardelli »

Noticed I can no longer receive notifications from the notification system or from donations. Actually not very many emails anymore. I believe this started around the big push for authenticated emails by Google and Yahoo. So I assume maybe the Church has some misconfigured DMARC/SPF and DKIM email DNS records.

Here is what I found:

SPF Record: valid record, but maybe someone can check to make sure that the unit e-mail and donation email senders are included on this record.
v=spf1 ip4:216.49.179.64/26 include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:%{ir}.%{v}.%{d}.spf.has.pphosted.com -all.

DMARC Record: Also valid, but if any senders are not aligned, listed in SPF and signed DKIM they may not be received do to the new Reject. Users will not even see in junk folder.
v=DMARC1; p=reject; fo=1; rua=mailto:dmarc_rua@emaildefense.proofpoint.com,mailto:dmarcadmin@churchofjesuschrist.org,mailto:dmarc_agg@dmarc.everest.email; ruf=mailto:dmarc_ruf@emaildefense.proofpoint.com,mailto:dmarcadmin@churchofjesuschrist.org

Looking at the email headers for emails my wife is able to receive, it looks like SPF and DMARC check out. DKIM is interesting as it is being signed twice with two different signatures. I'd have to say I've never seen that done before. Looks like emails are being relayed by more than one DKIM signing gateway and then sent. Not sure if this is what is causing the blocks. I'm still at a loss at while I can't get emails. Everything in subscriptions is setup fine. There are at least 4 others in our ward that have the same issue.
pcardelli

Re: Not receiving Email notifications sense February

Post by pcardelli »

SO I tried changing to my free gmail.com account and it works fine. Unfortunate as it is not used for email. I tried pointing back to outlook.com and I never get the verification emails. So something is up with email routing to accounts hosted with Microsoft at least.

Return to “Church Account”