Closing FHC

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
drepouille

Closing FHC

Post by drepouille »

It is my understanding that the FM pays the monthly costs for Internet service to a building that has a FHC, while the stake pays the monthly costs for Internet service to a biulding without a FHC.

What happens if local leaders decide to close a FHC?

Dana Repouille
Council Bluffs
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Dana.Repouille wrote:It is my understanding that the FM pays the monthly costs for Internet service to a building that has a FHC, while the stake pays the monthly costs for Internet service to a biulding without a FHC.

What happens if local leaders decide to close a FHC?
And keep the broadband connection? That really depends on the ISP and if they are willing to transfer the account. On the Church's end I would think that payment of the account would transfer from the FM Group to the stake. I know this is simple because this happened in our stake last year when the payment responsibility changed from Church HQ to FM offices and there was a shuffling from the Church (actually stake with Church HQ reimbursing) to FM then to the stake and back again to FM.

If the ISP is willing to transfer account ownership to the stake there is no problem. If the ISP will not transfer the account the service will have to be terminated and then a new account opened. Of course the ISP may then charge hook-up/start-up fees.

The paperwork/telephone calls to get the transfer for us was done by our FM Group. We supplied the information (account owner was the stake with the point of contact as the stake president) for the account transfer.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

I believe any stake can close an FHC without contact first the Family History Department (for units inside USA) or the Area Support Office (ouside USA). I can remember to see a document inside FHD Intranet that show us footsteps to close a FHC, how manage the payments, costs, computers and etc. I suggest you contact the FamilySearch Support to see this question.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”