Web App Scheduler

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
ldsbert

Web App Scheduler

Post by ldsbert »

I am a web developer by trade, and have been asked multiple times to develop a system for scheduling patrons at the temple. I have not had the time to get around to it, however it would seem to be a perfect project for the development team. I have had conversations with many shift coordinators who would love to have something that would re-arranged the schedule to allow seamless assignment when people do not show for their assigned shifts. The other aspect of a web scheduler is it could be used to schedule meeting houses and other church buildings. People could logon to the lds stake and ward website and see when the building was scheduled, submit requests, and contact the fm reps as needed. A solution would be easy to develop and deploy, and it goes without saying there would be many who would benefit from it.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

I'm available.
I've develop a plugin for joomla to take care of temple travel trips.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
ldsbert

Have At It.

Post by ldsbert »

Feel Free to have at it, thought I don’t think Joomla is the right platform for a project of this scope. This project has the potential to support every facet of the church ranging from scheduling the building, the bishop, temple patrons, workforce management at church headquarters, tithing settlement, etc. It is much more than a calendar app, even if it looks simplistic from the outside.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”