Calendar/Directory August release issues

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:You need to edit the location. In there is an option to create resources within the location. Once in there, you see what Alan is saying. I'm pleased to find that I can individually turn those resources on/off as our Stake Center has an interesting layout: no chapel overflow (the area between the chapel and the cultural hall.)
Duh!! Now that I feel completely stupid. I hadn't scrolled down far enough. Sorry ..my mistake.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:I've found setting up the resources to be flaky. I click on a check box and it doesn't toggle. I save and I don't get what I had checked. I try to go back and change it, and it won't change.

This is not ready for use. :(
The Resources definitely need some work. Consider the following;

Sept 25th 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Stake Baptism using the Baptismal Font Resource. Also on the same date the General RS Broadcast at 5:00 PM (Pacific Time) in the Chapel with a dinner following in the Cultural Hall. Both of these events are currently on a calendar with "Other Resource" status.

These two events do not overlap, yet if I attempt to assign a resource to the baptism (Baptismal Font) and then check for a conflict. I am told that there's another event that's in conflict - the broadcast.

The only way to avoid this problem is to enter the events new and assign resources as the events are created. If both events are already on the calendar and given "Other Resource" status, there's no way of changing the resources without getting a conflict.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

techgy wrote:The only way to avoid this problem is to enter the events new and assign resources as the events are created. If both events are already on the calendar and given "Other Resource" status, there's no way of changing the resources without getting a conflict.
What do you mean by "Other Resource" status? Do you mean "Other Location"?

The "Other Location" status means that no resource has been assigned. It should be "Stake Center" or "Elm Street Building" or something like that if you have assigned a resource to the event.

Existing events that predate the recent introduction of resources would all have an "Other Location" status, but as I have gone into each event and assigned a specific resource, they no longer have "Other Location" status.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:What do you mean by "Other Resource" status? Do you mean "Other Location"?

The "Other Location" status means that no resource has been assigned. It should be "Stake Center" or "Elm Street Building" or something like that if you have assigned a resource to the event.

Existing events that predate the recent introduction of resources would all have an "Other Location" status, but as I have gone into each event and assigned a specific resource, they no longer have "Other Location" status.
That's correct - I mean "Other Location". I think the problem is related to the fact that the program is checking for conflicts on Sunday when the event scheduled is for Saturday - see the attachment. The Broadcast/Dinner is calendared for Saturday 9/25. Yet a conflict is being reported for Sunday 9/26.
Attachments
resource_conflict.jpg
(67.52 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
dwh33

Post by dwh33 »

Here is what is happening for me and the new sites:

Maps: I really like many of the new features (verified, member verified, boundaries within stake etc.) However, when I click to see my ward, the map does not populate with the members as it did on the beta site.

Calendar: This is working better for me than it did on the beta. Other members can now see the calendars I have created. Before they could not.

Directory: I can look up all of the members of the ward just fine. However, none of the pictures I uploaded on the beta site are showing up. Both the family and individual pictures are missing. An issue on the beta site with the leadership directory was that if a person had more than one calling in an organization (say EQP and HT district leader) their picture would only show up for the first calling (EQP) and not for the second (HT district leader). I can't see if this is still the case on the new site, since none of the pictures work.

I am excited to share these sites with my ward once everything has been worked out. Thanks to the designers and programers, it is looking very good!
mprusse

Link for feedback on new calendar

Post by mprusse »

I don't see a link for feedback on the new calendar. I'm having a few issues I would like to report.

1-I cannot unsubscribe from a calendar. I click on the unsubcribe link but when I log out/in I'm showing subscribed to the calendar again. This particular calendar is a stake calendar.

2-Syncing is not working. Ahead of this new August release, syncing with my Mac iCal worked fine. I suspect there is a problem with new calendar because when I look at the Bishop Overview page under Leader and Clerk Resources section of the beta site, it is no longer bringing in calendar items as it was before.

3-I long for an option to select Month as the default calendar view rather than Week.

I plan on testing the location & resources functionality today with some stake people.

This is getting exciting and I can't wait to roll this thing!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

macsense wrote:I don't see a link for feedback on the new calendar.
The Feedback link is on the bottom of the main new.lds.org page (the calendar pages don't have that link).
macsense wrote:1-I cannot unsubscribe from a calendar. I click on the unsubcribe link but when I log out/in I'm showing subscribed to the calendar again. This particular calendar is a stake calendar.
This seems to be a bug in the "Auto Subscribe To New Calendars" feature. If you turn that off, I think you'll find that you can indeed unsubscribe. My guess is that you can unsubscribe even with auto subscribe turned off, but then when you return to the calendar, the system erroneously thinks that the unsubscribed calendar is new and subscribes you right back again.
macsense wrote:2-Syncing is not working. Ahead of this new August release, syncing with my Mac iCal worked fine. I suspect there is a problem with new calendar because when I look at the Bishop Overview page under Leader and Clerk Resources section of the beta site, it is no longer bringing in calendar items as it was before.
I still see my synced events on my Google Calendar, but there's always a delay before any changes show up. So I'm not sure if changes to the new calendar are coming across.
macsense wrote:3-I long for an option to select Month as the default calendar view rather than Week.
I agree. I always want to work with the month calendar. I only occasionally switch to the week view when I want to see the time slots on an individual day.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mprusse

Managing Locations & Resources issue

Post by mprusse »

I'm following the new calendar's Help instructions but still having a problem as outlined below. If someone sees something we're doing wrong, please let me know.

I had a member of the stake presidency give Approval rights to the High Councilor over buildings. According to the instructions, this should have allowed the High Councilor to see the section under Options called Manage Locations & Resources. However, when that High Councilor logs in, he still does not have that Locations & Resources option but he does now have rights to Approve calendars.

Am I missing something?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

macsense wrote:I'm following the new calendar's Help instructions but still having a problem as outlined below. If someone sees something we're doing wrong, please let me know.

I had a member of the stake presidency give Approval rights to the High Councilor over buildings. According to the instructions, this should have allowed the High Councilor to see the section under Options called Manage Locations & Resources. However, when that High Councilor logs in, he still does not have that Locations & Resources option but he does now have rights to Approve calendars.

Am I missing something?
I assume you're referring to the instructions which say: "Stake administrators will need to designate the stake building scheduler as a stake approver before the stake building scheduler can manage locations and resources."

That seems to imply that the high councilor you mentioned would have to be added as a building scheduler AND be specified as an approver. I haven't been able to test that theory, since at least of my stake it is currently impossible to add a building scheduler (but I was able to do so last week). I wonder if both conditions have to be satisfied.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

Alan_Brown wrote:I assume you're referring to the instructions which say: "Stake administrators will need to designate the stake building scheduler as a stake approver before the stake building scheduler can manage locations and resources."

That seems to imply that the high councilor you mentioned would have to be added as a building scheduler AND be specified as an approver. I haven't been able to test that theory, since at least of my stake it is currently impossible to add a building scheduler (but I was able to do so last week). I wonder if both conditions have to be satisfied.
Yes, those are the instructions to which I'm referring. Where would he be designated as a stake building scheduler? In the Stake MLS or online somewhere in the calendar system?

Return to “Main Church Website”