Leadership tools -Beta

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15128
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

#31

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:I will echo that not all callings on that list have access to the Leader and Clerk Resources yet. As an assistant clerk I have but access to CDOL and no other tools beyond normal membership access. If I try to go direct to the link lds.org/leader I get an access denied. But it is coming as described in the Help.
Yes, you're right. It looks like the author did a shortcut and didn't distinguish between assistant clerks at the stake level (who do have access) and assistant clerks at the ward level (who, according to you do not). And the term "assistant clerk" refers to a regular ol' assistant clerk -- not a financial or technology specialist assistant clerk (although an STS does have access to some other features, as RussellHltn just pointed out).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 8772
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am
Location: USA, TX

#32

Post by jdlessley »

I should have mentioned that I am one of those financial clerks who do not have access because of the financial aspects which they have not finished programming. I can't speak for the regular assistant ward clerks.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
mkoyle
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:26 pm
Location: Leesburg, GA

#33

Post by mkoyle »

How long does it take for your user security to be updated? I was sustained as the bishop on Sunday and my stake clerk submitted the changes through MLS on Sunday afternoon. How long will I need to wait before I have access to the leader site?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 2014
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

#34

Post by jonesrk »

mkoyle wrote:How long does it take for your user security to be updated? I was sustained as the bishop on Sunday and my stake clerk submitted the changes through MLS on Sunday afternoon. How long will I need to wait before I have access to the leader site?
Normally 1-2 days.
The first step is that your position ends up in CDOL. Bishops have to wait to be reviewed by someone at CHQ. Once your position is in CDOL the next evening about 6 pm mountain time the processes begin that move your info into the authorization for lds.org. If everything works right you are in there by the next morning.

In your case I don't see you in CDOL (in fact your ward doesn't even have a bishop at the moment). I'll pass that along and see what happened.
mkoyle
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:26 pm
Location: Leesburg, GA

#35

Post by mkoyle »

Thanks. I'm anxious to start using these tools. We have a pretty tech-savy bishopric. Let me know if you need any additional info for checking into it, I can email them to you.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 2014
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

#36

Post by jonesrk »

mkoyle wrote:Thanks. I'm anxious to start using these tools. We have a pretty tech-savy bishopric. Let me know if you need any additional info for checking into it, I can email them to you.
It appears that none of your information came up, just the release for the old bishop. That isn't suppose to happen. Can you have the stake try and send the info again?
mkoyle
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:26 pm
Location: Leesburg, GA

#37

Post by mkoyle »

JonesRK wrote:It appears that none of your information came up, just the release for the old bishop. That isn't suppose to happen. Can you have the stake try and send the info again?

My stake clerk submitted the change again, still no dice so far. Is there any other way to get this submitted? Kind of frustrated.
Post Reply

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”