LDS Tools Feedback

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
Nathanael

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by Nathanael »

I imagine the church has a record of all prior callings a person has held. Bishoprics could really benefit from that information in the LDS tools app. Please see if that can be added.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Nathanael wrote:I imagine the church has a record of all prior callings a person has held. Bishoprics could really benefit from that information in the LDS tools app. Please see if that can be added.
The church does not currently keep a history of callings except for certain limited positions (mostly stake presidency, stake clerks, bishopric, ward clerk and executive secretary). See this post by the church employee responsible for CDOL where the callings are stored.
batflyer412

Post by batflyer412 »

I love LDS Tools!!!

There is one thing that i'm not sure if it is possible but, it would sure be nice if I could make a reservation for temple ordinances on the APP. Sometimes the phones are so busy I can't get through for hours. If we could do this it would free up the staff at the temple from having to take so many calls. We could also do it even if the temple was not open at that time of day.

Thank You
lechicera

Post by lechicera »

Would it be possible to allow members to view their home teaching and visiting teaching assignments via their individual profiles? Currently this information is only available to those in leadership positions. It would also be helpful to view who the home and visiting teacher is for the member via their individual profile...

Thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

From other posts, I have seen that this is something that is being considered. It seems that the reason it does not happen now is because the source of the information, Leader and Clerk Resources, does not have a way to hold HT/VT changes in some sort of pending state while they are being approved.

Leaders sometimes update LCR with proposed changes and review the information there as they obtain the bishop's approval, etc., to make the changes. It would not be wise to have that information showing when it may change again before being approved.
Austinjay

Post by Austinjay »

I would like to suggest a feature where your home teaching families or persons are listed under your callings. This would be especially useful in a YSA Ward where assignments are constantly changing.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Austinjay wrote:I would like to suggest a feature where your home teaching families or persons are listed under your callings. This would be especially useful in a YSA Ward where assignments are constantly changing.
Your best way to make this suggestion is from feedback within ldstools itself. Feedback there will get to the developers (but will not guarantee it will be implemented as their priorities are set by the Priesthood department). This forum is user-to-user help in using the current technology and very few, if any, of those here have the ability to influence implementation.
kvcorey

Post by kvcorey »

I have been looking for the Brett Nattress conference message from October, 2016, Sunday afternoon, and it is just not there on tools. Another talk is missing as well. Just wondered why?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kvcorey wrote:I have been looking for the Brett Nattress conference message from October, 2016, Sunday afternoon, and it is just not there on tools. Another talk is missing as well. Just wondered why?
Conference talks are in Gospel Library, not LDS Tools. If that is what you are thinking, this post will probably move to that topic. I would suggest you send feedback through Gospel Library, marking it as a content issue. Be sure to mention what other talk is missing.

The talk by Elder Nattress is in the November 2016 Ensign, so they have not totally lost it. It is also online at LDS.org at that conference. But it appears someone missed the switch or truncated a file, or whatever else it is they do to assure us they will not be translated this week. [smile]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:The talk by Elder Nattress is in the November 2016 Ensign, so they have not totally lost it. It is also online at LDS.org at that conference. But it appears someone missed the switch or truncated a file, or whatever else it is they do to assure us they will not be translated this week. [smile]
Comparing gc.lds.org and Gospel Library, there seems to be a few talks missing from October 2016. I didn't check other conferences. I think it's a good question for the content people.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”