LDS Tools Feedback

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
johnshaw

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by johnshaw »

My latest Tools beta has an area for notifications. Does active know what this feature is intended for?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

alyssacfree wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:05 pm The roster is full of people who don't live in the area anymore but are less active and we have nowhere to send their records.
Lack of a note feature is not the problem here. The problem is your ward council is not following church policy when members move away without anyone knowing where they have gone. The process is simple but does require the ward council to complete a few steps. There is a place to send the records once the steps are complete - your ward clerk should be familiar with the process and if not he should counsel with his stake clerk.
etbassoon

Post by etbassoon »

I like how the gospel library has built in feedback capability.
I would love if in the app there was a way to request to find out who someone’s ministers were. I understand why that information is not publicly available for everyone, but it would be nice to send a request with a brief explanation that someone in leadership could read and grant.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

etbassoon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:03 am I like how the gospel library has built in feedback capability.
I would love if in the app there was a way to request to find out who someone’s ministers were. I understand why that information is not publicly available for everyone, but it would be nice to send a request with a brief explanation that someone in leadership could read and grant.
Member Tools has feedback capability: Go to the Help menu and then tap the Contact Us link.
I wouldn't get my hopes up for this programming change, but you can use Member Tools to text or email the organization president and request the information you seek. They can respond if they choose.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

etbassoon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:03 am I understand why that information is not publicly available for everyone, but it would be nice to send a request with a brief explanation that someone in leadership could read and grant.
I'm having a hard time coming up with a sceanero where it would be better for a member to work with the ministers of another member rather than to take that consern to a leader and let them decide how to handle it. Without that, there's little chance the requested functionality would get consideration.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lexicalcreations

Post by lexicalcreations »

lexicalcreations wrote: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:51 am I love this app! My only suggestion is to add the Ward and Stake Newsletter to it. Or at least a clip, or headlines, or a link. I think this would encourage members to read it.
Funny how years down the road, a suggestion I left on this forum no longer applies. With the new Circles app, we can now post flyers, newsletters, clips and headlines, even links, directly to the group it applies to within our stewardship.
brotherfinlinson

Post by brotherfinlinson »

The latest LDS tools isn't compatible with my Android Phone. I don't use gesture navigation as I prefer the three button setting. The three button image is on the bottom of my screen so any command in LDS tools at the bottom is inaccessible. For example I want to change my directory filter to "Heads of Household" but the check box is underneath my three button image and I can't use it. I tried to submit Payment Request but when I type in the amount the accept arrow is underneath my three button image so I can't use this feature either. I'm hoping for an update that allows me to use all the features.

Layne
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brotherfinlinson wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:10 pm For example I want to change my directory filter to "Heads of Household" but the check box is underneath my three button image and I can't use it. I tried to submit
Seems to work fine on my phone. I also have the 3-button navigation at the bottom.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

It didn't work for me when it was first released a month or so ago - I have soft buttons at the bottom of the screen and when I tried to change to my ward, it was under the "back" button so I could never select my ward (my ward is on the bottom of the list - I could select any ward except mine...). Uninstalling and reinstalling reset it to my ward, but that is a cumbersome workaround. I provided feedback from the app. I see that the ward list has been moved slightly higher now so I can select any ward in my stake with no problem. If you haven't updated the app, you may be on the earlier release that didn't take into account the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Member Tools Feedback

Post by lajackson »

brotherfinlinson wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:10 pm The latest LDS tools isn't compatible with my Android Phone. I don't use gesture navigation as I prefer the three button setting. The three button image is on the bottom of my screen so any command in LDS tools at the bottom is inaccessible.
I have also reported this through Member Tools feedback. I later discovered a partial workaround. The problem for me displays in portrait display. It I swing the phone around to landscape display I am sometimes able to get to the menu item I need.

Return to “Member Tools”