BlackBerry and the Gospel Library

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the Gospel Library application.
mkpolansky

Post by mkpolansky »

It looks like the library is the missing part. The program will download via the link or an install, it runs into problems however in "managing the library". Any ideas on how to get around this short of having someone with a different version download it for you?
geomun

BB running OS 6.0 bundle 1741

Post by geomun »

I have the Verizon BB Bold 9650 running OS 6 and only the OLD Testament downloaded and is working. The other books have a checkmark and the only option is to remove them under manage library. But if I do a Search, and look for Nephi for example, 3 hits in the BOM show up.
geomun

Post by geomun »

so as a work around until the files can be published for download, I installed the MobiReader app and downloaded all the PRC files to use on the blackberry. These same files work on the kindle. The interface is a little clunky, but better than nothing.
http://www.eternalchaos.org/2009/01/how-to-install-lds-scriptures-on.htmlhttp://www.eternalchaos.org/2009/01/how-to-install-lds-scriptures-on.html
(have to copy download books into the ebooks folder on your SD Card.

http://lds.org/handheld/newarchive/0,18 ... -1,00.html
chrisdailey

Similar problem on BB Curve 9300

Post by chrisdailey »

I started the download before going to bed last night (forgot to turn on wifi - won't make that mistake again) and when I woke up this morning I still had an empty library, but I also had a full SD card and 1700MB of my data plan missing.
danmcf

Post by danmcf »

I have a BB 8530 and have the same trouble where the files do not download. Is there a fix for this yet?
BrumfieldAD

Fix for application and content download issues

Post by BrumfieldAD »

I have recently wrote some instructions on installing the application and content manually.

I will be looking into ways to make this service more reliable in the near future, but this should get the application and content installed for you in the meantime.

Please let me know of any additional issues you find.

Asiel
mkpolansky

Post by mkpolansky »

ROCK ON!! These steps will work on the Torch at least. Thank you for putting this together!!!!
rosyrdcde

Post by rosyrdcde »

I finally figured out how to get the gospel library on my Blackberry bold 9700 and it seems to be working okay. The problem is the font is so tiny (and my eyes are too old). I can't figure out how to make it larger. Any ideas?
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

We don't support resizing the font yet. This is at the top of the list for features to add in the future though.

If anyone is interested in helping to improve our blackberry application through our community efforts please contact me directly. We would love to have help to make this and other improvements happen more quickly.

Asiel
doug.archer

Post by doug.archer »

Any way to get the most recent general conference data in this app? Seeing as the next conference season is almost upon us ;)

Return to “BlackBerry Gospel Library”