Server is too busy

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

I get the "Server is not available" error and am redirected to outofservice.lds.org frequently (at least twice a week) rather than the too busy message.
I must be hitting a maintenance window when I try (generally after 11PM Eastern) because it seems to happen fairly frequently.

Aaron Z
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aczlan wrote:I get the "Server is not available" error and am redirected to outofservice.lds.org frequently (at least twice a week) rather than the too busy message.

I must be hitting a maintenance window when I try (generally after 11PM Eastern) because it seems to happen fairly frequently.

Almost every evening last week and so far this week, I have hit the database error page, then the server is not available page, followed by the closed for maintenance page. I am usually out of business shortly after 8:00 pm Mountain Time.

There appear to be some severe load balancing problems that have not yet been solved. I do not worry too much about it, because I have other things to do that I enjoy more.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Tom Welch informed me just the other day that the Church has been working on some new servers to help with the heavier loads that are now becoming commonplace for LDSTech, its sites, and web services.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mkmurray wrote:Tom Welch informed me just the other day that the Church has been working on some new servers to help with the heavier loads that are now becoming commonplace for LDSTech, its sites, and web services.

Good to know, since I am now starting to get the closed for maintenance come back at midnight slide on my lunch hour. [grin]

Return to “Help with this forum”