stake employment specialist

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Post Reply
farwest
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: southern utah

stake employment specialist

#1

Post by farwest »

We are having a hard time getting the stake employment specialist verified. Will that position show up with a gold star after approval? Can you have more than one person in that position? The instructions don't quite match with what's on the computer is that because it is a stake computer instead of a ward? Thanks for all the help this website gives it is awesome.
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15138
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

#2

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:We are having a hard time getting the stake employment specialist verified. Will that position show up with a gold star after approval? Can you have more than one person in that position? The instructions don't quite match with what's on the computer is that because it is a stake computer instead of a ward? Thanks for all the help this website gives it is awesome.
I'm not sure what instructions you are referring to. But in any case, there is an MLS standard calling with the title "Stake Employment Specialist"; members with standard callings will have a gold star by their name in MLS. People with that calling will show up in CDOL with that standard calling, and such people will have access to the employment specialist features on the jobs.lds.org site. And you can have more than one person with that calling.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
farwest
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: southern utah

#3

Post by farwest »

thanks once again we will try the instructions again that came in messages
lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 10601
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: US

#4

Post by lajackson »

farwest wrote:We are having a hard time getting the stake employment specialist verified.
Make sure the stake president has registered first, or nothing you do will work for the stake employment specialist.

Same for the bishop of a ward employment specialist.
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15138
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

#5

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:Make sure the stake president has registered first, or nothing you do will work for the stake employment specialist.

Same for the bishop of a ward employment specialist.
What do you mean by "registered"? Are you talking about the jobs.lds.org site? Because I know that our stake president has not accessed that site, but our stake employment specialist uses that site extensively and has the special site privileges connected with that calling.

In this short thread, the terms "approved", "verified", and now "registered" have been used and there is no context to explain what any of them mean. It would be helpful to put some nouns with those verbs!
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 10601
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: US

#6

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:What do you mean by "registered"?
I mean logged in at https://www.ldsjobs.org/ers/ct/home.jsf and signed up at the Church Leaders, Employment Specialists, and ERS Center Staff link to use tools and information helpful to a calling in the employment area.
Alan_Brown wrote:Are you talking about the jobs.lds.org site? Because I know that our stake president has not accessed that site, but our stake employment specialist uses that site extensively and has the special site privileges connected with that calling.
Our stake employment specialist was not able to access anything at the Church Leaders link until the stake president registered. The same thing happened to one of our ward employment specialists. As soon as the bishop registered, the ward specialist could use those tools.

This all happened mid-summer. Perhaps there has been a change in the last few months.
User avatar
sportstats
New Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:11 am
Location: West Valley CIty, Utah

#7

Post by sportstats »

How do I make sure our ward emplyment specialist has the Gold Star designation?

He cannot access the thing she needs in ldsjobs.org and I wonder if this is the problem. I looked in MLS and under other callings with the specialist field he is listed as the ward employment specialist. Is there some place else I need to look.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 2078
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

#8

Post by jonesrk »

sportstats wrote:How do I make sure our ward emplyment specialist has the Gold Star designation?

He cannot access the thing she needs in ldsjobs.org and I wonder if this is the problem. I looked in MLS and under other callings with the specialist field he is listed as the ward employment specialist. Is there some place else I need to look.
Some ways to check are:
  1. Check in CDOL. Search for you ward. Click on show all callings and make sure that she is listed in black, not orange.
  2. or, check in the directory on lds.org under the leaders section on the left. If she is showing there then it is a standard positions (Gold Star).
  3. Use the custom position review in MLS.
User avatar
sportstats
New Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:11 am
Location: West Valley CIty, Utah

#9

Post by sportstats »

ryan jones wrote:Some ways to check are:
  1. Check in CDOL. Search for you ward. Click on show all callings and make sure that she is listed in black, not orange.
  2. or, check in the directory on lds.org under the leaders section on the left. If she is showing there then it is a standard positions (Gold Star).
  3. Use the custom position review in MLS.

I checked both of those, in the CDOL he is orange and in the directory he is not there. I am supposing that means we have the position set up wrong in MLS. How do I fix that?
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15138
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

#10

Post by aebrown »

sportstats wrote:I checked both of those, in the CDOL he is orange and in the directory he is not there. I am supposing that means we have the position set up wrong in MLS. How do I fix that?
The simplest way is to use the Custom Positions Review under Organizations in MLS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Post Reply

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”