Numbers off

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Congrats! It's satisfying having it all nailed down!

I just got this reply from LUS tonight:
We are still in the process of sending finance files to fix some of the current balance issues in MLS. We will notify you in the future with a message indicating this process has been completed. If your balances are not correct at that time, please contact us with the details.
86Bengal-p40

Post by 86Bengal-p40 »

crislapi wrote: I just got this reply from LUS tonight:
We are still in the process of sending finance files to fix some of the current balance issues in MLS. We will notify you in the future with a message indicating this process has been completed. If your balances are not correct at that time, please contact us with the details.
Hmm, I haven't contacted LUS yet to discuss my ward's balance issue. I wonder if these new finance files will come to everyone (unrequested) or only to those who have notified them of problems.

(I've traced our discrepancy to a 31 Dec 2006 "balance forward" that isn't the same before & after CUBS. We don't have any documentation to investigate further with.)
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

86Bengal wrote:Hmm, I haven't contacted LUS yet to discuss my ward's balance issue. I wonder if these new finance files will come to everyone (unrequested) or only to those who have notified them of problems.

(I've traced our discrepancy to a 31 Dec 2006 "balance forward" that isn't the same before & after CUBS. We don't have any documentation to investigate further with.)
Yes, everyone will receive these files. The message will likely be sent through MLS to all units and then just those units that still have issues will need to resolve them with LUS.

The balance errors were caused by oversight and therefore affected virtually every unit (any adjustment to a 2006 donation or expense in 2007-2010). For example, if you voided even one check in 2007 that was issued in 2006, you were affected and require the new files.

I have been able to track down the budget balance error but haven't been able to make heads or tails of the Other difference.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”