Unable to see the new calender

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
loghomebldr

Post by loghomebldr »

techgy wrote:This is starting to sound like a permissions issue. It's clear from what you're telling us that only your account has the problem.

If the stake calendar were permissioned as a private calendar then your daughter most likely wouldn't be able to see it either. When you created your LDS account did you include membership information? If you didn't then that's your problem. The logon must recognize you as a member of the church in order to see the calendar.
I have been logging into my LDS account for years.

When I log in, I can see everything except the calender.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

loghomebldr wrote:I have been logging into my LDS account for years.

Hmmm. Since your wife can see the account it doesn't sound like a problem with the calendar.
Is the calendar the only item that's giving you problems? Out of curiosity what's your calling?
You may have to contact Local Unit Support next week and get their assistance.
If you do find a solution, please let us know what it was.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
loghomebldr

Post by loghomebldr »

Yes, the calender is the only thing giving me problems. I am the Stake Clerk.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

loghomebldr wrote:Yes, the calender is the only thing giving me problems. I am the Stake Clerk.
The calendar will definitely act differently for people with administrative privileges (which you have as stake clerk) than for regular members (such as your daughter).

As one additional troubleshooting step, it would be nice to know if another stake-level calendar approver (such as a member of the stake presidency, or the stake executive secretary, or an assistant stake clerk) has the same problem you have. If they do, then the problem is likely somehow with the data on your calendar; if not, then the problem is somehow connected to your account. Either way, it probably represents a malfunction in the software that is beyond your control, but knowing the scope of the problem may help the Support people you contact for help.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
loghomebldr

Post by loghomebldr »

Our exec secretary and asst stake clerk have no problem viewing and adding items to the calender. It's only me having issues.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

loghomebldr wrote:Our exec secretary and asst stake clerk have no problem viewing and adding items to the calender. It's only me having issues.

Try logging into https://cdol.lds.org/cdol/security/login.jsf and verify that your calling is correct in your stake. This still sounds like a permissions issue. If your calling is correct in the CDOL then I would recommend that you call the Local Unit Support desk on Monday and see what help they can offer. Whatever happens, report back. I'm dying of curiosity to know what the solution was. Good luck.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
loghomebldr

Post by loghomebldr »

Contacted support. They have sent the information to the guys who actually manage the calender, it may take them 2 or 3 days to resolve the issue.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

loghomebldr wrote:
techgy wrote:This is starting to sound like a permissions issue. It's clear from what you're telling us that only your account has the problem.

[...] When you created your LDS account did you include membership information? If you didn't then that's your problem. The logon must recognize you as a member of the church in order to see the calendar.
I have been logging into my LDS account for years.

Just to be clear, this means that when you log in to lds.org and select the directory, you have full access to your ward and stake directory?
loghomebldr

Post by loghomebldr »

jbh001 wrote:Just to be clear, this means that when you log in to lds.org and select the directory, you have full access to your ward and stake directory?
I have access to everything except the calender.
loghomebldr

Post by loghomebldr »

I contacted Local Unit Support and they are still unable to resolve this. I received 2 calls from them after my initial call so I know they tried. I was reminded that the Church has millions of members and they have many bugs they are currently trying to fix. I'll just be patient and wait.

Return to “Calendar”