Move In Date in Members Moved In report does not match the value in a custom report

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
nkitchen

Move In Date in Members Moved In report does not match the value in a custom report

Post by nkitchen »

I created a custom report, similar to the standard Members Moved In report, but with additional fields. When I set the selection criteria in the two reports to the same thing (Move In Date is within the last three months), there are several names missing from the custom report that are included in the standard report.

I checked the Moved In Dates of the missing members with a second custom report, and they don't match the values in the standard report. For example, one man is reported as having moved into the ward in Oct 2010 in the standard report but in Aug 2010 in the custom report. Another woman's dates are Oct 2010 and Aug 2004, respectively.

Is this a bug in MLS?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nkitchen wrote:I checked the Moved In Dates of the missing members with a second custom report, and they don't match the values in the standard report. For example, one man is reported as having moved into the ward in Oct 2010 in the standard report but in Aug 2010 in the custom report. Another woman's dates are Oct 2010 and Aug 2004, respectively.

Is this a bug in MLS?
Sounds like a bug. Are you able to look back and figure out which one is accurate?

The only thing I can think of is that one report may be working with "move out from prior ward" rather then the true "moved into current ward". Normally it would be the same, but not if they "vacationed" in the "Address Unknown" ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
famaxwell

Post by famaxwell »

I reported this same problem to MLS in October. The custom reports work fine when a member's record is moved out of one ward and into a new ward, on the same date. But not when the dates differ.

This was a particular problem for us because our ward was receiving records which had been sent to "Address Unknown" before being forwarded to us. So the "move out" date was the date the record was sent to "Address Unknown", and the "move in" date was the date it arrived in our ward. But the custom reports were interpreting the "move out" date as the "move in" date, and thus not showing all the records that had recently been received.

The new version of MLS that rolled out in January partially fixed this problem, but not completely. I received a message that the programmers were working on this.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”