Starting a mission application

Use this forum to discuss issues that are not found in any of the other clerk and stake technology specialist forums.
tyronekeiichijohnson
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:44 am

Starting a mission application

#1

Post by tyronekeiichijohnson »

Sorry, since I don't know how to start my own thread, I want to ask a question here. I'm very unfimiliar with the Missionary Online Recommendation system and I'm trying to get the papers started for going on my mission. It says "No valid roles were found for your account. You might not be authorized to use this system," when I log in. I thought it might be because I don't have the melchzedik (sure it's spelled wrong) priesthood yet. Do I need something from my bishop, stake president? Could someone help me?
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15128
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

#2

Post by aebrown »

tyronekeiichijohnson wrote:Sorry, since I don't know how to start my own thread, I want to ask a question here. I'm very unfimiliar with the Missionary Online Recommendation system and I'm trying to get the papers started for going on my mission. It says "No valid roles were found for your account. You might not be authorized to use this system," when I log in. I thought it might be because I don't have the melchzedik (sure it's spelled wrong) priesthood yet. Do I need something from my bishop, stake president? Could someone help me?
Your bishop needs to initiate your recommendation (he has to login to the system himself and then start your recommendation process). Once he has done that, you can sign in. You don't have to have the Melchizedek Priesthood in order to fill out your application.

There's a link on the [url=htttp://lds.org/mss]Missionary Online Recommendation System[/url] home page to the Quick-Start Orientation, which you might find helpful.

(Note: I moved this to a new thread, since your question is different from the topic discussed in the other thread.)
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
tyronekeiichijohnson
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:44 am

#3

Post by tyronekeiichijohnson »

Thank you. I greatly appreciate your help.
jessabelle.lazo
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 9:58 am

Hi :)

#4

Post by jessabelle.lazo »

I'm Jessabelle Lazo. I'm 20 years old. So I will fill mission application.. And I will do which the Lord had commanded
lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 10410
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Hi :)

#5

Post by lajackson »

jessabelle.lazo wrote:I'm Jessabelle Lazo. I'm 20 years old. So I will fill mission application.. And I will do which the Lord had commanded
The first step, then, is to visit with your bishop and ask him to allow you to start your missionary application online.
Imabonginyang
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:39 am

submitting of missionary application to bishop

#6

Post by Imabonginyang »

Please i need help to submit my application to my bishop.

Am not having access to view my missionary application
Last edited by russellhltn on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combine posts
chidis
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:07 am

Re: Starting a mission application

#7

Post by chidis »

where do I go for the missionary recommendation form because I do not know how.
cchang
Member
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:11 am

Re: Hi :)

#8

Post by cchang »

lajackson wrote:
jessabelle.lazo wrote:I'm Jessabelle Lazo. I'm 20 years old. So I will fill mission application.. And I will do which the Lord had commanded
The first step, then, is to visit with your bishop and ask him to allow you to start your missionary application online.
At what point does the missionary application is complete and shows up in the Tithing Ward Mission fund account? I have not seen one of our missionaries mission fund in the tithing account yet.
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 31510
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Hi :)

#9

Post by russellhltn »

cchang wrote:At what point does the missionary application is complete and shows up in the Tithing Ward Mission fund account? I have not seen one of our missionaries mission fund in the tithing account yet.
Someone else would have more details, but I think it's close to when the first payment is pulled from the account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cchang
Member
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:11 am

Re: Hi :)

#10

Post by cchang »

russellhltn wrote:
cchang wrote:At what point does the missionary application is complete and shows up in the Tithing Ward Mission fund account? I have not seen one of our missionaries mission fund in the tithing account yet.
Someone else would have more details, but I think it's close to when the first payment is pulled from the account.
Sorry what I meant to say was when does the account get actually created to start depositing or withdrawing from the missionary account?
Post Reply

Return to “General Clerk Discussions”