Why not mailing address?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

EDDIEDOW wrote:Thanks for the info, AEBrown and RossEvans, I'll try to hack my way through this, while closely following AEBrown's sage advise: "But since you describe yourself as "not a computer person" I would strongly recommend that you drop this line of inquiry -- working with an exported membership.csv file requires some technical expertise."

I do agree with AEBrown's warning about skill level. At a minimum the implementer would need to comprehend the structure of Membership.csv and build a custom spreadsheet. That likely would include distinguishing between adults and children, for example. And he would have to take care to delete all the confidential data that also is included in Membership.csv.

The only reason to attempt the Membership.csv method is if you require information other than name and address (phone, for example) in your custom directory. If you can be satisfied with just name-address content and can work with this content formatted as mailing labels, then his suggestion has the merit of being easy.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RossEvans wrote:If you can ... work with this content formatted as mailing labels, then his suggestion has the merit of being easy.

That's not a factor. If you follow the link I provided, you'll see that the content is not formatted as mailing labels. Your other points are certainly valid, however.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Reports and Forms”