LDS Tools for WebOS

Discussions around the WebOS (Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HP Touchpad) versions of the LDS Tools application.
lehrschallbrian

LDS Tools for WebOS

Post by lehrschallbrian »

What is the timeframe for the release of LDS Tools for WebOS?
combblai

LDS Tools Development is done

Post by combblai »

According to Alan Smoot, LDS Tech Church Rep, the development is complete and is just waiting on making the app available to the online store. Perhaps with the change in ownership from Palm to HP, this has been more challenging than in the past.

I, too, would really like to see this become available asap, before my old Palm dies.
gilbreen

Post by gilbreen »

With the recent firesale on the HP TouchPad, is there any chance of LDS Tools for webOS being updated to run on the TouchPad screen as opposed to the smaller phone screen?
danpass

Post by danpass »

Yes, watch for an announcement in this forum when the new version is available in the App Catalog.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Aren't all the Hp TouchPad's going to be running Android? :)
jasoraso

Post by jasoraso »

JohnShaw wrote:Aren't all the Hp TouchPad's going to be running Android? :)
Actually, as someone who loves android, I have found WebOS to be quite on my new TouchPad. I would love it I had the Android Market available on the WebOS on my TouchPad. If I could do that, I don't think I would switch to Android on it.
bjcoleman

Post by bjcoleman »

Add me to the crowd of devoted Android fans (Evo and Color Nook running CM7) that are being won over by webOS. Ideally the Touchpad will dual boot (webOS and Android). If it doesn't making a full-time switch to Android over webOS will be difficult. That said, I use my tablets A LOT at church. Having LDS Tools and Gospel Library running full-screen on webOS is a big deal for me. Can't wait for the official announcement.
bakeck

Post by bakeck »

so any update on when a full screen version of LDS Tools will be available for the Touchpad?

Thanks in advance.
kmartind

Post by kmartind »

Many of us are still hoping for an announcement on the TouchPad version. Any progress to report? Also, when submitting to the App Catalog it would be great if it could be set as compatible with the Pre 3 (in addition to Pre 2, etc).

Thanks!
danpass

Post by danpass »

I don't know why it took so long, but LDS Tools, updated for the TouchPad, is now in the App Catalog.

Return to “WebOS LDS Tools”