Page 3 of 4

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:54 pm
by kmertlich
kyleq wrote:The database error is a result of altering a resource in some way (renaming, deleting etc). If you have a schedule that is displaying the error you will need to delete that schedule and create a new one in its place. With the most recent release of the calendar (1.6.6) we have included better error handling and warnings when changing resources.

Reported the problem to Local Unit Support yesterday. Still getting the same error message tonight. Not fixed yet. How can I tell what release I am working with?

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:05 pm
by aebrown
kmertlich wrote:Reported the problem to Local Unit Support yesterday. Still getting the same error message tonight. Not fixed yet.
Have you taken the steps to remove the resource assignment that shows the problem and then create it again?
kmertlich wrote:How can I tell what release I am working with?
Everyone uses the same release, so you must be using 1.6.6. But I can't find anything in the page that shows that version number.

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:25 pm
by eblood66
aebrown wrote:Everyone uses the same release, so you must be using 1.6.6. But I can't find anything in the page that shows that version number.
As far as I can tell the only way to find the version number is to use something like Firebug or IE Developer tools to look at the version attribute on the head element on the main page. It doesn't look like it shows anywhere that is visible during normal browsing. The current version does show 1.6.6.

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:27 pm
by kmertlich
aebrown wrote:Have you taken the steps to remove the resource assignment that shows the problem and then create it again?
Yes. If I understand your question - I have removed all of the resource assignments from "Manage Resource Assignments" for all locations. Then I have tried to "Add New Assignments" to each location but still get the error.
aebrown wrote:Everyone uses the same release, so you must be using 1.6.6. But I can't find anything in the page that shows that version number.
The version number is what I was looking for but I haven't seen one posted anywhere either.

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:42 pm
by kmertlich
eblood66 wrote:As far as I can tell the only way to find the version number is to use something like Firebug or IE Developer tools to look at the version attribute on the head element on the main page. It doesn't look like it shows anywhere that is visible during normal browsing. The current version does show 1.6.6.
Not a part of my tool kit. But thanks for the info.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:49 pm
by jolleyjamie
niederhausern wrote:Looks like that makes two of us getting the same error which leads me to belive it's not local to our site. Anyone else get this error? Anyone from lds.org know what's up?
I'm also getting the same/similar error. Mine comes as "9 Database error, no resources included with this assignment Waterloo Ward". The resources button is checked - it's the entire building I'm reserving. I'm a building scheduler for this building. Any helps? Thanks.

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:58 pm
by kmertlich
jolleyjamie wrote:I'm also getting the same/similar error. Mine comes as "9 Database error, no resources included with this assignment Waterloo Ward". The resources button is checked - it's the entire building I'm reserving. I'm a building scheduler for this building. Any helps? Thanks.

Still waiting to get some answers from Local Unit Support. Re-submitted the problem again yesterday. They did respond back April 1st indicating that an answer would be provided that day or within a few days. I will let you know what I hear.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:05 pm
by josephcreed
Could this error be related to user site permissions, or browser versions? The Stake Executive Secretary had the building schedulers over for a training the other night. Of the five people at the meeting only two were not getting the error message.

"Database error, no resources included with this assignment" As a note the number value prior to the word "Database" appears to be the time of the assignment, and the word after applies to the assignment type, more specifically the name of the Ward, Stake, or Blocked.

Our Stake Executive Secretary was not getting the error, regardless of which resource or assignment type he chose, so it would not appear to be related to the resource being deleted, changed, or not accessible. If one of the schedulers edited the assignment as a test the error appeared when the assignment was saved.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:48 pm
by kmertlich
I received an answer back from the Local Unit Support yesterday. Here is what was stated:

"[Answer to your message]

Dear Brother,
Thank you for your reply. We apologize for the delay in our response to this inquiry. Unfortunately, this bug is still a pending issue and we do not have a resolution for it at this time. We are working to get a fix prepared, and anticipate it to be available no later than the start of the 3rd quarter. We will have it released sooner if at all possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

MSR Support Staff -jw:"

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:46 pm
by josephcreed
Viola!, Eureka!, Yeehaw!, Wahoo!, Yippee!, Yay!, By jove I think I've got it! or whatever phrase you choose to express excitement.

The database error is a bug with the browser being used. It doesn't seem to be related to the user, or the resource. Internet Explorer 8 doesn't work. Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10, Google Chrome 10.0.648.151, and whatever browser and version our S.E.S. has on his Mac work just fine.

The developers may be still be working on resolving the bugs in Internet Explorer, but in the meantime there is a work around for all of you who need to move forward.