New Forum Layout

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

thedqs wrote:On some fourms it is disabled but here is your recent post in another thread.

I even moused over the icon so you can see the information.
I believe that's only seen by moderators.
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

kgthunder wrote:How's it different from "Current or Future Church Technologies"?
It's different in that "Current or Future Church Technologies" acts as both a category AND a forum. There are posts inside of it as well as forums inside of it.

Tom
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

thedqs wrote:Oh and tom I have noticed the little computer was added to the list of icons under a person's name (in posts) which is suppose to have the person's IP but the only IP being reported is your gateway IP.
Only moderators could see it but I turned it off because I only get the IP address of our load balancers. It is meaningless.

Tom
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

opee wrote:It would be nice to post the image (or an easy-to-find link to it) of the site taxonomy somewhere on the Forum page for those of us who are visual learners. I think that it is a great way to show the way the Forums are divided, and can be considered a simple form for some to look at.

It would also be nice to have the header of "User CP, Projects, FAQ, etc.." posted also at the bottom of the pages. I find myself using the "New Posts" link frequently, and I always have to scroll back up to the top to access the refreshed "New Posts" after reading new ones.
Good suggestions. I don't have as much control where I put the header items but I can post a taxonomy in the forums. I'll add that to my task list.

Tom
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kgthunder wrote:My question was why "Church Websites" has sub-forums and has NO icon, but "Current or Future Church Technologies" also has sub-forums but DOES have an icon?
"Church Websites" has only sub-forums. "Current or Future Church Technologies" is a forum with sub-forums.

It seems you have to watch those micro sub-forum icons to see if there's new posts in the sub-forum.
opee

Post by opee »

mkmurray wrote:You mean like on the Forum homepage? I think that's a pretty good idea...

It would be nice to have that toolbar both at the top and bottom. However, I do have a solution for you that I use. In my User Control Panel, I changed the option to reverse the sorting of posts (most recent at the top). So by the time I'm at the end of the thread, I'm back at the top ready to hit New Posts again.

Yes, the forum homepage would be a good location.

Thanks for the suggestion on the post sorting.

Return to “General Discussions”