Calendar Frustrations

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
wbingham

Calendar Frustrations

Post by wbingham »

I have to echo the comments about repeating events on the ward calendar. I don't look forward to the end of the year because I know I will be typing things multiple times because the website design can't accomodate exceptions. My favorite interface for calendaring repeating events is the old Softkey Calendar Creator Plus (version 2 for Windows). It is very easy to enter the dates and mark the exceptions.

My other frustration is getting stake events to show through on the ward calendar. Right now my stake opts not to have any events show through because if they show all, it fills the ward calendar with all sorts of administrative meetings and makes the ward calendars less useful. But couldn't I as a ward administrator choose the events from the stake calendar which I want to show through (allowing the stake to also push through events). Then we could both be happy.

Warren Bingham
Provo, Utah
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wbingham wrote:My other frustration is getting stake events to show through on the ward calendar. Right now my stake opts not to have any events show through because if they show all, it fills the ward calendar with all sorts of administrative meetings and makes the ward calendars less useful. But couldn't I as a ward administrator choose the events from the stake calendar which I want to show through (allowing the stake to also push through events). Then we could both be happy.
If the stake admin is on the ball this shouldn't be a problem. The stake selects the push-though on a per event, per ward basis. So the Springfield 1 Ward Conference can be pushed to the Springfield 1st ward and none other. What we do is stake events that involve the members are pushed to the wards. Events that go no further then the ward leadership are not. Leaders can look at the stake calendar. Members look only to their ward calendar.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”