Blackberry Playbook

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the Gospel Library application.
anbrow

Post by anbrow »

jrattray, if you are interested, I highly recommend going the route I took, and put OS2 on your Playbook and sideload the Android app, it actually works incredibly well! I've been using it in quorum for the last two weeks with great success. No it is not the best solution, but it does work pretty slick. You just have to do a bit of research and careful reading before jumping into that.
jrattray

Post by jrattray »

if I load OS2 on it will I still have wifi and blackberry bridge access?

Thanks
anbrow

Post by anbrow »

Well, I have both of those, and they work just fine for me on OS2. I've actually not spent much time on OS1, so I don't really know what all it does or does not do, but I do like OS2 really well. Of course right now it's only a BETA, if you wait until Feb, it comes out officially. Just depends on how technical you want to get to get it up and going. Is it worth it? For me it was, because I am technically inclined, and I really wanted to mess around with it. For some it may not be worth doing that for whatever reason.
jrattray

Post by jrattray »

I am loading it on now. I have my HP Touchpad running Android but I dont like the size of it....too big, too heavy. The Playbook is a much nicer size from a portablity stand point and I have a 9900 running OS7.1 leak version with wifi hotspot so it's perfect when the church wifi goes down....which is basically every Sunday....too many users using it :)
jrattray

Post by jrattray »

do you have the ldstools bar file? The link I have doesnt work...but the Gospel Library is working now :)
anbrow

Post by anbrow »

jrattray wrote:do you have the ldstools bar file? The link I have doesnt work...but the Gospel Library is working now :)

Awesome! Glad it's working for you! That's funny that the Wifi goes down every Sunday, must have a LOT of people with mobile devices. I've been thinking of putting the 7.1 leak on my 9810 for the hotspot feature, but haven't done it yet. Sounds like the 9900 works ok with it? As for the .bar file, I PM'd you.
cmikes

lds scripture for plahbook

Post by cmikes »

I have no software abilities but would love to have the gospel library available for the playbook. it a handier size than the bigger tablets.

mike
sherljim

playbook

Post by sherljim »

please, please, please someone develop an lds scriptures app for all us non-techies with playbooks!!
thanks
jim
rgpierce

blackberry tablets

Post by rgpierce »

I would love to have the ability to down load the church scriptures and other church tools on the Blackberry playbook. We have been trying with our laptop and even with the addition of the new down loaded Blackberry Manager, haven't been successful. Is there any information about any way we can get these scriptures or church tools?
thanks for looking at these issues.
butmark

playbook ap would be great

Post by butmark »

hi
i should of done my homework better. bought playbook yesterday after using GL on phone for a year and lack of ability to use GL only disappointment so far. last programming was in unix so not able to help but very appreciative of any work any happy to test.
regards
mark

Return to “BlackBerry Gospel Library”