Page 2 of 2

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:54 pm
by jdlessley
silid wrote:I am. The web services are under https://lds.org/mls/ and are not documented.
The site linked to, https://lds.org/mls/, is the Member and Leader Services download site. This site is the source for downloading MLS and other software for administrative computers. There are no web services at that site.

The Leader Portal is provided on lds.org in the Tools menu. No software needs to be downloaded and installed from the MLS download site to gain access to the Leader Portal.

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:03 pm
by silid
jdlessley wrote:... There are no web services at that site. ...

Visit https://lds.org/mls/mbr/services/report ... l&lang=eng with the header Accept: application/json and say that again.

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:04 pm
by jdlessley
https://lds.org/mls/mbr/services/rep...ctAll&lang=eng is not the same site linked to before. It is an entirely different site. And I do not have access. This last link appears to be part of the Leader Portal.

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:26 pm
by aebrown
silid wrote:I am. The web services are under https://lds.org/mls/ and are not documented.
There are indeed web services at addresses under that URL. But as you said, they are not documented. It seems likely that they are not documented for a reason. And if they are not documented, it's entirely possible that even if you could reverse engineer them, you could not depend on them being consistent.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but you also should be aware of the policy on using web services, as stated by the Church's CIO:
joel wrote:Actually, it's against our policy to have 3rd party apps use these web services. The policy going forward is that the only apps which can use LDS Account credentials are LDS Community apps.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:04 am
by silid
aebrown wrote:There are indeed web services at addresses under that URL. But as you said, they are not documented. It seems likely that they are not documented for a reason. And if they are not documented, it's entirely possible that even if you could reverse engineer them, you could not depend on them being consistent.
I agree. The reason may of course be that no one has got round to documenting them. I thought asking on here would be a good place to start.
aebrown wrote:I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but you also should be aware of the policy on using web services, as stated by the Church's CIO:
Thanks, I am aware.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:17 am
by russellhltn
silid wrote:The reason may of course be that no one has got round to documenting them.

I suspect they are sufficiently documented for the folks who are authorized to make use of them. You'd have to be a developer of an authorized project to have access to it.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm
by silid
RussellHltn wrote:I suspect they are sufficiently documented for the folks who are authorized to make use of them. You'd have to be a developer of an authorized project to have access to it.

Perhaps. I try not to assume so much.