LDS Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
allenjblodgett

LDS Account

Post by allenjblodgett »

My father has a LDS Account, but does not know the password & when we try the "Forgot your Password?" the steps to fix it does not seem to work.

Can a member of the bishopric help through MLS? Or can he set up a new account(1)?

1-Can't there only be one account per membership record?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

AllenBlodgett wrote:My father has a LDS Account, but does not know the password & when we try the "Forgot your Password?" the steps to fix it does not seem to work.

Can a member of the bishopric help through MLS? Or can he set up a new account(1)?

1-Can't there only be one account per membership record?
The Bishopric cannot assist in the recovery of any LDS account details aside from providing the individual's membership number.
Yes, each person is given only one LDS account.
If your father has already tried using the recovery process and was unsuccessful, he can contact support in person and someone will assist him. https://ldsaccount.lds.org/sign-in/go/contact.jsf
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

AllenBlodgett wrote:My father has a LDS Account, but does not know the password & when we try the "Forgot your Password?" the steps to fix it does not seem to work.

I just tried it. It worked and I was able to confirm that by logging into ldsaccount.lds.org.

However, it seem to take some time (hours) before the change became effective for the forum and the main lds.org page.

Make sure he remembers his screen name correctly, or password recovery won't work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”