A legacy version for WebOS 1.4.5

Discussions around the WebOS (Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HP Touchpad) versions of the Gospel Library application.
ggraff@hbeg.com

Gospel Library for Palm Pixi

Post by ggraff@hbeg.com »

The letdown was almost overwhelming. I was panicked. I've loved the WebOS version of Gospel Library on my Palm Pixi and was devastated when the latest update rendered it non-functional. I am so hoping for a compatible version to become available again for download. I am planning to keep my Pixi for the foreseeable future and find myself grappling with how to get along without having the Gospel Library App. Please...
mikekeyes

Gospel Library ipk compiled for Palm Pixi Plus on webos 1.4.5

Post by mikekeyes »

After much searching and reading through forums, etc., I was finally able to successfully compile and load the gospel library ipk file on my Palm Pixi Plus with webos 1.4.5. I used wosqi (which you can download and install from precentral.net) to install the ipk file onto my palm -- just follow the directions given. Be sure you have your phone in developer mode, as described there. I have uploaded the compiled ipk file to mediafire.com here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ahcpgzvu ... .4_all.ipk
Hopefully this link will work and the forum will allow it to be posted.

I don't know why it has been so difficult for Palm to restore the Gospel Library to the Palm App Catalog for those of us with webos sub-2.0 phones. This should help out. I was happy to see that this is Gospel Library v1.0.4 which has a functioning search feature in the scriptures as well as the hymns included! Good luck installing.
benthomander

Thank you!

Post by benthomander »

Thank you, Mike, for posting this! I have been trying for some time to install this. Now all I need is to find the ipk (org.lds.ldstools_0.6.5_all.ipk) for LDS Tools. Does anyone have access to that raw file that they could upload?
mikekeyes

Legacy ipk for LDS Tools

Post by mikekeyes »

I happened to install the LDS Tools beta version 0.6.5 while the ipk was still available. I had saved the file on my hard drive and am happy to share it. It works on my palm pixi plus webos version 1.4.5.1. Just install the ipk with Webos Quick Install as noted above.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/66uxj49vj ... .5_all.ipk
ggraff@hbeg.com

Post by ggraff@hbeg.com »

Thank you so much!

Mike,
You are a lifesaver. Thank you so much for helping me restore Gospel Library to my Pixi. I had sadly given up on being able to enjoy having it on my phone and had gone back to packing the quad. Your instructions and making the beta version available is really appreciated. Thanks again.

Return to “WebOS Gospel Library”