How Did You Like the Tech Talks?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
WelchTC

How Did You Like the Tech Talks?

Post by WelchTC »

Let us know your feedback on our tech talks that we recently held in Salt Lake and Provo. This is a great opportunity for us to learn what we could do better as well as to share with those who were not able to attend what you thought.

Tom
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

They were great! I thank you guys so much for setting those up. The only disappointment I had, was that I couldn't go to more of the sessions and learn more about the different projects that the church is working on. Brother Delhin's presentation was great in providing a quick yet in-depth overview of what the church's position on technology is. The Family History also answered my questions which I had about the new system and how we can intergrate into it.

Thanks again
- David
cboyack-p40

Post by cboyack-p40 »

I'd love to get my hands on notes or slides from the other sessions I wasn't able to attend. Like most (if not all) others, I wish I would have been able to hear them all. Tadd mentioned last night about perhaps getting some recordings posted online, and I know many people outside Utah would enjoy the content as well.

Overall, huge success. I haven't heard a single negative thing from anybody about it. Kudos to everybody for a job well done.
jmaxwilson

Marevlous

Post by jmaxwilson »

The tech talks were fantastic. It was also a great opportunity to network with other LDS technology professionals. I'm very excited to contribute to the community.

I've posted a report on my experience at the Tech Talk in Provo on my personal blog for any of you who didn't get a chance to go or attended different sessions than I did:

http://www.sixteensmallstones.org/lds-tech-talk-report
HintonBR

They were great!

Post by HintonBR »

I was in town from Arizona to see my brother-in-law off on his mission and was glad that scheduling worked out that I could go. I enjoyed Joel's presentation especially the video from Pres. Hinckley about technology. There seems to be a lot of energy and effort going in to things right now and that is exciting to see. I am anxious to see some of the community initiatives roll-out.
richardkmiller-p40

awesome

Post by richardkmiller-p40 »

I really enjoyed the Tech Talks as well. I attended both sessions so I have notes on 6 of the 8 talks for anybody interested:

http://blog.moregoodfoundation.org/2007 ... ech-talks/
bartbarker

Post by bartbarker »

The Tech Talks were excellent. More important, though, is the culture Joel has fostered. I suspect his forward thinking and openness allowed these events to take place.

I attended both the Salt Lake and Provo events so I could take in more sessions. I hope to see more events such as these. Congratulations to the excellent presenters.
epoulin-p40

Are they available for download?

Post by epoulin-p40 »

I'd love to see/hear them, but I'm not a local. Are they available as a stream or video file somewhere?
Eric Poulin
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

epoulin wrote:I'd love to see/hear them, but I'm not a local. Are they available as a stream or video file somewhere?
Currently the plan is not to release any stream or video on the sessions for reasons I'm not at liberty to discuss. Should that change, however, I'll make a post. I encourage you to read the blogs of others on this forum about the event.

Tom
JasonG-p40

Post by JasonG-p40 »

Are there any plans yet to have the Tech Talks anywhere besides Utah?

Or do we have any locals there that are willing to organize into blogging groups that span the various sessions so that we can get as much information about as many of the session as possible?
Jason D. Griffith
Pampa Ward, Amarillo Stake (Texas)
Community Guidelines

Return to “General Discussions”