Sorry... data not available (error!)

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

mine works fine! ie9 win7 64-bit
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

jaj78 wrote:yes, mine was also dead (need to know when Ward Conference is!) and figured someone here would know the status. I guess I'll just scratch my head with the rest...
I doubt if anyone here can help you with the schedule of your ward conference, unless someone else from your stake recognizes your username. I suggest you contact your Bishopric.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
bjcoleman

Post by bjcoleman »

Tested on Chrome and IE9 (also running W7 64). Both had the same result.

-- Removed (category by category) all Ward and Stake categories. Same error message.
-- Removed all Subscribed Locations.
-- Once all categories were removed I tried to navigate to another month and it sits on the loading wheel - spinning perpetually.
-- Switching to week view is really interesting. Still with no categories selected I can see the current week plus the previous two weeks. When I skip to next week I get the same error message. When I go past next week the calendar is fine. It looks like the issue I am experiencing is related specifically to something next week.
-- Switching by weeks I can add back categories without issue. Again, pointing towards something wrong with next week's calendar.

If anyone has further suggestions on different things to try just let me know. Happy to play guinea pig.
techgy wrote:I doubt if anyone here can help you with the schedule of your ward conference, unless someone else from your stake recognizes your username. I suggest you contact your Bishopric.
I think the OP was looking for a status update on the error with the calendar so that he could see when Ward Conference was scheduled. I doubt he was asking for someone on this board to provide that information. At least, that is how I would read it.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

bjcoleman wrote: -- Removed all Subscribed Locations.
-- Once all categories were removed I tried to navigate to another month and it sits on the loading wheel - spinning perpetually.
Sounds like you are able to reproduce this with no locations selected. That would have been my first thing to recommend. Are there any others that can reproduce this with ZERO locations selected in the list on the bottom right?

Also, did this just start yesterday for everyone having this issue? Or was it happening before yesterday?
bjcoleman

Post by bjcoleman »

jdcr256 wrote:Sounds like you are able to reproduce this with no locations selected. That would have been my first thing to recommend. Are there any others that can reproduce this with ZERO locations selected in the list on the bottom right?

Also, did this just start yesterday for everyone having this issue? Or was it happening before yesterday?
I'm on the calendar every day, usually multiple times per day. The problem cropped up for me around 9:30PM PT. I assumed that they were doing server maintenance.

*** UPDATE ***

Forgot to mention that Stake Central (Android) ran into errors when trying to sync my calendar (ward/stake rosters update no problem). Looks definitively to be a server side error.
jglanfield

Post by jglanfield »

jdcr256 wrote:Sounds like you are able to reproduce this with no locations selected. That would have been my first thing to recommend. Are there any others that can reproduce this with ZERO locations selected in the list on the bottom right?

I can confirm that I've tried it with zero locations selected and it still has problems. Just started last night for us.
mrborcherds

Post by mrborcherds »

We have the same issue but our months are December 2011 and Jan 2012. Nothing is selected when trying to view either of these two months.
bjcoleman

Post by bjcoleman »

So is there any way to escalate this to get the issue resolved? I've need to have this corrected so that I can see appointments scheduled for Sunday. I used the general feedback link on LDS.org. Not sure if there is a better mechanism for getting someone to look at this.
jwilhite8

Post by jwilhite8 »

The error showed up first the morning of 9/22, in the 2012 Calendar. Turned off all layers.
Have confirmed error in:
IE 9.0.8112
Firefox 3.6.22
Chrome 14.0.835
Running Win 7

The 2011 Calendar loads fine.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bjcoleman wrote:So is there any way to escalate this to get the issue resolved? I've need to have this corrected so that I can see appointments scheduled for Sunday. I used the general feedback link on LDS.org. Not sure if there is a better mechanism for getting someone to look at this.

If you call Local Unit Support, there's an option for help with lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”