Finding Names Ready for Baptism that are already in your Family Tree

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
johncpratt1

Finding Names Ready for Baptism that are already in your Family Tree

Post by johncpratt1 »

Does anyone know a better way to search for names already in your family tree that are ready for baptism?

I created this site, but I welcome feedback, as it was harder than it should be:
temple.buildzion.com

Please feel free to update this forum with ideas. I heard of someone saying "just do a search in PAF", but I am pretty sure that won't work anymore.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

johncpratt1 wrote:Does anyone know a better way to search for names already in your family tree that are ready for baptism?

I created this site, but I welcome feedback, as it was harder than it should be:
temple.buildzion.com

Please feel free to update this forum with ideas. I heard of someone saying "just do a search in PAF", but I am pretty sure that won't work anymore.
Although it's possible that someone here may be able to assist you, I would suggest that you also post this information in the FamilySearch Forums at: https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
johncpratt1

Post by johncpratt1 »

Well, I finally figured out the answer, and here is the short version (I have updated my site):

The best free way is to use both Roots Magic Essentialsand Legacy Standard.
[INDENT] You will need to download the following:
  1. Roots Magic Essentials (or Ancestral Quest Basics)
  2. Legacy Standard edition
  3. PDF Creator (or some other program that creates a PDF file by "printing", optional)
[/INDENT]In summary, here are the steps: [INDENT]
  1. Import your 9 or 10 generation family tree from new.familysearch.org using RM or AQ
  2. Export to GEDCOM format
  3. Import into Legacy
  4. Use "Search" to create custom reports with our settings: LegacySettings.zip
  5. Print to create a PDF (or print on paper)
[/INDENT]___
I believe this is a better way to introduce young people to new.familysearch.org, rather than trying to find someone new at familysearch.org via a record search. I bet there are others who could benefit

Return to “Family History”