Training materials for 2.0 version of calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Good points about establishing context and explaining terms. I need to add a glossary to the help, as well as include more inline help links in the interface.

Re defining terms on first usage, this is also good but becomes problematic because people can land in a help topic from anywhere, and explaining a term each time it's used is a bit unpractical.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aebrown wrote:However, that does seem to be the only place I can find the word "resources."

I found another usage of the word "resources" in the error message displayed when you try to add an event that conflicts with another:
resourceconflict.jpg
(9.11 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Thanks for pointing these out. The intention was to replace the word "resources" with rooms and equipment where applicable. Obviously we missed a few.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

In the Managing Locations video, from about 2:17 to 2:34, the script confuses events with reservations. For that section, pretty much every use of the word "event" should be "reservation."
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

I received the email about the new calendar release today.

It had the 6 guides to look at, download, print, but they wouldn't print. I tried saving them as PDF files, which worked, but they still wouldn't print. I tried the Print Screen feature, the files still wouldn't print.

So, I went to windows explorer and opened up the PDF files from there and then they printed. Some people may not think to do that though.

In the email, the videos are supposed to be included, but I just have large black boxes with nothing to click on to watch the videos.

I just thought I'd mention these things.

Margie Stroble
jsnauvoo

Post by jsnauvoo »

I'm really excited about the launch of 2.0 . One thing that I found interesting is that at our meetinghouse we could not show watch the training videos as the church server filter prevents watching YouTube. Is there a way that the videos could be presented differently so wards and stakes could share them in group meetings while on the church server?

Return to “Calendar”