All-day events off by a day on sync

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nathan.g wrote:Same with me. When I create an all day event, comes up a day earlier in my synced iCal.

In my calendar that is synced with Google Calendar, all my all-day events are exactly correct -- they appear as an all-day event on the correct date. As near as I can determine, I'm the only responder on this thread (after the initial bug fix) in the Mountain Time Zone, so that may well be the critical factor in that different behavior.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

My all-day events are also all correct

Mountain time zone
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

All of mine are correct at well. I'm not in the mountain zone. But looking at the ICal file, I have no idea why it's correct, as it appears to have a extra date.

As long as it works. <shurg>
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

In another thread it was mentioned that deleting and reentering the all-day item will cause Google to pull the correct information and sync it properly.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

lajackson wrote:In another thread it was mentioned that deleting and reentering the all-day item will cause Google to pull the correct information and sync it properly.
Not the case here. We have an all day event which says that YM/Scouts is canceled on 22 Nov for Thanksgiving. It is showing up properly on the LDS.org calendar, but not on the Google Calendar.
I deleted the Google calendar, generated a new link, deleted the event, recreated it and created a new linked calendar with the new link.
Now my Google Calendar says that the event runs from Mon, November 21, 12am to Wed, November 23, 12am.
I am in the Eastern time zone.

Aaron Z
mwgrover

v2 all-day events off one day for synced calendar

Post by mwgrover »

My bug:

When I look at the calendar on the website, the all-day events that our stake has entered (such as Family Home Evenings, Fast Sundays, Stake Conference, etc.) are all correct. However, when I sync/subscribe to my iCal calendar on my Mac, those events are all behind one day - Fast Sundays are on Saturday, Family Home Evenings are on Sunday, Stake Conference is Fri-Sat instead of Sat-Sun, etc.

I already tried deleting my sync subscription and re-copying the URL. Like I said, it is only the all-day events that are wrong. The events scheduled with a specific time are on the correct day in iCal.
jeffreymads

Bug with syncing

Post by jeffreymads »

I have a similar bug to the last poster. When I use the iCal feed to sync with Outlook, all of the day-long events show up one day behind (e.g., FHE on Sunday).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: these last two posts were moved from the Calendar 2.0 Bug List thread to permit addressing this issue separately without creating multiple topics in one thread. Threads are to discuss one topic in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

did a sync yesterday with google and the all-day event came into google correct. I'm in the Pacific Time zone
jeffreymads

Any solutions?

Post by jeffreymads »

jeffreymads wrote:I have a similar bug to the last poster. When I use the iCal feed to sync with Outlook, all of the day-long events show up one day behind (e.g., FHE on Sunday).

Still happening today. I thought that, based on some of the other posts, this issue might have been fixed.

I get the problem either with importing to MS Outlook or to Google calendar.

Does anyone have a diagnosis or a workaround? I'm trying to produce a printed version of our stake calendar for next year (using a third-party program), and this bug is making it difficult.

I'm in the Eastern time zone. Here is an example of what I get in the feed:

Code: Select all

BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20111101T143432Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE;VALUE=DATE:20120401
DTEND;VALUE=DATE;VALUE=DATE:20120402
SUMMARY:Family Home Evening
UID:000000000000000000000000000000000000003042760@calendarws.lds.org
END:VEVENT
DTSTART should be 20120402 and DTEND should be 20120403, from what I can see.

Return to “Calendar”