Does Gospel Library use the internet?

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

J.M.11

Does Gospel Library use the internet?

Post by J.M.11 »

I absolutely love using this app. I am able to reread all of my favorite Conference talks. but i am unsure if it uses the internet or not. I have a date package through verizon but it is somewhat limited. So i need to know if i should always use my wifi when i use this app or if it doesnt use the internet data at all. Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

J.M.11 wrote:I absolutely love using this app. I am able to reread all of my favorite Conference talks. but i am unsure if it uses the internet or not. I have a date package through verizon but it is somewhat limited. So i need to know if i should always use my wifi when i use this app or if it doesnt use the internet data at all. Thanks!

Gospel Library uses the Internet to download the latest information. But once you have downloaded the conferences, handbooks, guides, and/or manuals, you use it without any connectivity.

I turn WiFi off when I use it. If I have WiFi on and am in a WiFi zone, it will connect to check and see if there are any Library updates. And while it is doing that, I cannot use the library.

But other than to obtain the updates, it works well totally off line.
reebear

Re: Does Gospel Library use the internet?

Post by reebear »

This was posted in 2011. Does this answer also apply for new versions?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

reebear wrote:This was posted in 2011. Does this answer also apply for new versions?
I believe my statement is still true, but from my own recent personal experience, GL is always trying to access the Internet, and does so briefly every time I start the app even without honoring my WiFi only setting.

But if I turn off all data and WiFi access, GL still will start and I still can use it, unless the content I want to access has not yet been downloaded to my device.
reebear

Post by reebear »

Thanks! I just downloaded the newest version and while there is limited functionality (videos and some pictures don't work) it doesn't require an internet connection.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”