"Young Single Adult Adviser"?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rick.winterton
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:08 am
Location: Midland, MI

"Young Single Adult Adviser"?

#1

Post by rick.winterton »

I'm the stake clerk.

On the stake calendar, I am able to give access to a calendar, by calling, to the "Stake Young Single Adult Advisor". However, I don't see "Stake Young Single Adult Advisor" show up in MLS when I try to assign positions.

As a workaround, I created a non-standard "Young Single Adult Advisor" position, and after assigning the person to that position, I go to Custom Positions Review". This function locates the starred, standard "Stake Young Single Advisor" and I switch it. Definitely not intuitive.

If I go to "Stake Leadership" and print a list of callings by organization, the "Young Single Adult Advisors do not show up and I can't find them under any organization, although the callings do show up under the member's membership record. If I click on the calling there, it takes me to "Single Adults" (not young singles), but the calling is not there.

So, what's going on here?
jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 8920
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am
Location: USA, TX

#2

Post by jdlessley »

This may be a bug. Have you reported this through the MLS feedback?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
crislapi
Senior Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: USA

#3

Post by crislapi »

I agree. I think you have found a bug. I can find Stake Single Adult Adviser in the Organizations > Single Members > Stake Single Adults or ...> Committee Positions. It would be logical, then, that Stake Young Single Adult Adviser would be under Organizations > Single Members > Stake Young Single Adults. However, it does not appear there. It's also not listed in Other Callings either.
giffordrb
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 am
Location: Eagle Mountain UT

#4

Post by giffordrb »

Good find - this is a bug in MLS. The 'Stake Young Single Adult Adviser' calling exists in the positions table, but is missing the 'is leadership' flag on the entry. The related UI only shows relevant positions that have the leadership flag set. So the position exists - it just isn't able to be selected until the leadership flag is set. We saw this happen with a few callings in the YM org. a few months ago. Writing up a bug on this now...
Ryan Gifford
MLS
keywizard
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:28 pm

#5

Post by keywizard »

giffordrb wrote:Good find - this is a bug in MLS. The 'Stake Young Single Adult Adviser' calling exists in the positions table, but is missing the 'is leadership' flag on the entry. The related UI only shows relevant positions that have the leadership flag set. So the position exists - it just isn't able to be selected until the leadership flag is set. We saw this happen with a few callings in the YM org. a few months ago. Writing up a bug on this now...


Any idea when the bug will be fixed? I am a Stake YSA Adviser in Kentucky where we must travel half the state to contact the YSA's under our care. Would this give us access to the YSA members lists in wards without traveling to those Wards to get the list? It would be great to know all of the YSA's we are Advisers for!
lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 10650
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: US

#6

Post by lajackson »

keywizard wrote:Any idea when the bug will be fixed? I am a Stake YSA Adviser in Kentucky where we must travel half the state to contact the YSA's under our care. Would this give us access to the YSA members lists in wards without traveling to those Wards to get the list? It would be great to know all of the YSA's we are Advisers for!

This bug seems to be about the listing of YSA leaders. If you need a list of YSA members, your stake can get you that list using the Custom Reports menu without you having to travel around to all the wards.
giffordrb
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 am
Location: Eagle Mountain UT

#7

Post by giffordrb »

keywizard wrote:Any idea when the bug will be fixed? I am a Stake YSA Adviser in Kentucky where we must travel half the state to contact the YSA's under our care. Would this give us access to the YSA members lists in wards without traveling to those Wards to get the list? It would be great to know all of the YSA's we are Advisers for!

I hate to be vague, but this will be addressed in the next MLS release. We are targeting to start beta testing early next month. Thanks for your patience on this.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
keywizard
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Listing YSA Stake Advisor glitch repair

#8

Post by keywizard »

giffordrb wrote:I hate to be vague, but this will be addressed in the next MLS release. We are targeting to start beta testing early next month. Thanks for your patience on this.
Any news on fixing the glitch so that we will have access to the YSA's we serve? We are trying to correct the lists as well by searching out the names one by one. However, we only have access to the two Wards in our building in Elizabethtown, KY so far. Thanks for the input. On a side note: I also noticed that our Stake Clerk hasn't listed our calling at all. Hmm...That would help. Gotta find his phone number! Thanks so much for your work!

Leslie
giffordrb
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 am
Location: Eagle Mountain UT

#9

Post by giffordrb »

This is fixed in 3.4.3 - which is currently in beta. A new beta release will be posted later today in fact.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
keywizard
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:28 pm

#10

Post by keywizard »

:) Thanks!
Post Reply

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”