Country Web site launching
|Country Web sites edit|
Repoint the domain
When you’re ready to launch the site, you need to log in to your domain registrar and re-point the domain to your IP address. Send an e-mail to CWStechnicalsupport@ldschurch.org for the information the registrar requests.
Note: While country Web sites are hosted at Church headquarters, you will continue to manage your domain locally through your own registrar.
Enable more Web administrators
You don’t have to manage the entire website yourself. You can enable other people to be Web administrators as well. To enable other people as administrators of the Web site:
- Go to Site > User Manager.
- Click New in the upper-right corner.
- In the Name field, type the person’s name.
- In the Username field, type the person’s LDS Account alias (such as johnsonth). This is important because the user will be authenticated through LDS Authorization using their LDS Account rather than through Joomla’s authorization system.
- In the E-mail field, type the person’s LDS Account email address.
- In the Password fields, type use LDS Account. What you actually type in this field doesn’t matter, but Joomla requires some text here.
- In the Group section, select Manager, Administrator, or Super Administrator. Note that you have to select one of these roles. The roles pertaining to the front-end are irrelevant because in this implementation of Joomla, the front end has been turned off. The only way to manage the site is through the back end, which is by logging into the administrator.
- Click Save.
About the test site
You may want a test site to try out future changes before making them live. When you were set up with a live site, you were also set up with a test site.
The two installations are separate instances with no interaction of data, modules, or other content. You can’t migrate content from test to production, or somehow make the changes you implemented on your test site live on the production site. The test site is merely a sandbox to experiment in before making the same changes on your production site. The test site can also be restored to the default if necessary.
If you need help customizing your country Web site, send an e-mail to CWStechnicalsupport@ldschurch.org. A member of the country Web site support team will contact you.