MLS download site
Log in to site
- In a browser, navigate to www.lds.org. Sign in via the 'Sign In/Tools' link at the top of the page.
- Near the top of the page click on 'Resources' and then 'Melchizedek Priesthood'.
- On the left-hand side of the page click on 'Record-Keeping and Technology Support'
- If not already on the 'Applications' page, click on the 'Applications' link on the left-hand side of the page.
- If logged in, the link for 'Download and Install MLS' should be present. If not present, login with your lds.org account, or contact your Stake Clerk for assistance.
The following items can be downloaded:
- Main article: MLS installation and repair
The latest version of MLS is always available for download. This is the full installer (60-100MB), which can be used for installation on new computers, or to manually install an upgrade of MLS or to repair an existing installation of MLS.
During MLS beta test periods, an additional installer will be available for download. The beta versions of MLS should only be installed on administrative computers if the stake president has approved the stake's participation in MLS beta testing.
Record-keeping training installers
- Main article: Training
A link is provided to the same download page available via the download link for the online training lessons.
Local Unit Security Suite
- Main article: Local Unit Security Suite
The Local Unit Security Suite installs LANDesk system management software, as well as anti-virus software.
Additional local unit software
Additional applications that are approved for administrative computers can be downloaded here. These applications are either free or have been licensed by the Church for use on administrative computers. Some of the installers are downloaded directly from the MLS download site; for others, a link to the manufacturer's site is provided.
The installer for this additional application can be downloaded directly:
- Eraser (disk scrubbing utility)
Links to the manufacturer's site are provided for downloading the following applications:
- Adobe® Flash® Player
- Adobe Reader® 8.1
- CutePDF™ Writer
- DBAN (disk scrubbing utility)
Local unit computer instructions
Instructions are provided for configuring and securing Dell 740 computers, whether they are new or already in service. However, more recent instructions can be found at Dell 740 installation instructions.