Content found in this wiki may not always reflect official Church information. See Terms of Use for more information.

Move restriction

From TechWiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

When a local priesthood leader needs to hold a membership record in their unit due to disciplinary action or another administrative purpose, the leader can place a move restriction on the record. To request a move restriction, submit a special request through MLS or contact the administrative office. Only authorized priesthood leaders can request the restriction. Once move restriction is no longer needed, only unit leaders can remove it, and then, only by calling the administrative office directly.

When a record with a restriction is requested, a letter is sent from the administrative office to the leader who placed the hold. The letter contains the contact information of the unit requesting the record. The leader has 30 days to return the letter or contact the administrative office. If no contact is made, the restriction is released and the record is moved to the new unit.