If a child is dead when delivered, the child is considered stillborn. Do not create a regular membership record for a stillborn child. Do the following:
- Log on to MLS.
- On the Membership Records menu, click More.
- On the View and Update menu, click More.
- Under Other Record Changes, click Special Requests.
- From the list, choose the record of the head of household (must be a parent of the child). Click OK.
- Type the following information:
- That this is to create a linked record for a stillborn child
- Name of the stillborn child
- Sex of the child
- Date the child was delivered
- Click Close.
After the change is made at the administrative office and your ward receives updates, the child should appear as a linked record on both parents' records. No individual record will be created for the child. No temple work is needed.