Can't search scriptures for the word "mark"

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
the.dibster

Can't search scriptures for the word "mark"

Post by the.dibster »

Okay, this seems small but it's driving me crazy. I was searching for things such as "blemish" etc. and so wanted to find if they mentioned "mark"s in the scriptures... but typing it in takes me to the Gospel of Mark. Even "marks" brings me there. It seems the same is true for each book of scriptures--- normally, a VERY helpful feature, but today, infuriating.

What if I wanted to find mentions of the person, "Matthew", or "Job" in the scriptures? And I'm sure there are other examples. Is there a workaround or is this just a "tough luck" situation?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Can't search scriptures for the word "mark"

Post by sbradshaw »

As you start typing your search, you might see search suggestions pop up below the search box. Those aren't search results per se, they're "search suggestions" or "go-to shortcuts." If you want to do a full content search, you need to tap the Search button at the bottom of the keyboard after typing your query.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”