lds.org will not open

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
ldscossgmadden4

lds.org will not open

Post by ldscossgmadden4 »

I use Chrome browser and up to about three days ago I had no problem accessing lds.org ... but recently, lds.org goes into a lengthy (couple of minutes) loading phase ultimately culminating in a window popping up with a header "Page(s) Unresponsive" and futher notes "The following page(s) are unresponsive. You can wait for them to become responsive or kill them." The Church lds.org icon is shown followed by the website name "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints". There are two button options below: "Kill Files" or "Wait". Neither button option leads to my being able to access the site; however, if I go back to my Chrome icon and select "new incognito window", I am then able to access lds.org without any problem. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome and deleted back data. Can you help?
SaranWrap

Re: lds.org will not open

Post by SaranWrap »

I'm having a similar problem in Chrome on a Mac. CPU goes to 95% on Google Chrome Renderer. Mostly the problem is on the lds.org home page.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not having any problems with Chrome on a PC. I've even tried Incognito mode. Are you running some kind of security software that might interfere with the webpage?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is your problem that the zoom is not set at 100% for lds.org? See Can't zoom lds.org homepage in Chrome; breaks it
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
peterwhittaker

Post by peterwhittaker »

This also happened to my page becoming unresponsive, it just would not open. I use chrome as my browser. I phoned a friend who suggested to click the top right box to customize things, then go to 'tools' in the drop down menu and then clear browsing data. click all the boxes and start it from'the beginning of time'. I did this, and now lds.org opens fine.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

We have confirmed that this is the zoom issue mentioned. We had sporadic reports of chrome crashes but couldn't reproduce it. Whoda thunk that zooming would be the reason (apparently not us).

No clue what it is (as I've never seen a zoom related crash issue before) but we have something to go on and can start digging into it.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

I think we have fixed this, although there may be a bit of a lag in getting the file cleared from our caches.

Make sure to clear your cache (don't need to worry about cookies) before going back to the page otherwise you will get locked up again before your browser has a chance to look for the updated file.

Give it a try and let me know.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

BarkerAJ wrote:Give it a try and let me know.
Yes, that seems to have fixed it. I could reproduce the problem at will previously, and now it works fine.
SMBlaylock

Post by SMBlaylock »

Working straight for me as of right now (I came to the forum to check on this issue). Comes as a relief to someone who runs her browser with 110% zoom (middle-aged eyes, plus need to update my glasses).
PDavis92

Post by PDavis92 »

Great job. :D Zoom in Chrome works fine for me now.

Return to “Main Church Website”