Request Payment -> Change Category?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
csession

Request Payment -> Change Category?

Post by csession »

Which callings can submit a Request Payment for a different organization? I am in the EQ and my wife asked me to submit receipts for her RS calling. But I only see the EQ category.
categories.jpg
(50.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Should we let the respective orgs/callings do their own expenses?
eblood66

Re: Request Payment -> Change Category?

Post by eblood66 »

For each main organization budget (i.e. EQ, RS, SS, Primary, YM & YW) only the presidency of that organization can submit requests (although they can submit the request to be paid to someone else). For certain other main categories (like Activities and Misc) the clerk can configure which organization can submit requests for those budgets. In addition, if the clerk creates a sub-category in a main organization category then they can give permission to other presidencies for the subcategory.

So if your wife needs reimbursement from the main RS budget then either she needs to submit the request (if she is a member of the RS presidency) or she needs to send it to a member of the presidency for them to submit.
csession

Re: Request Payment -> Change Category?

Post by csession »

Thank you!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”