Commercial movies

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
ctbarrett

Commercial movies

Post by ctbarrett »

I've searched for but cannot find a list commercial movies that are allowed to be shown at church for Ward activities etc.
eblood66

Re: Commercial movies

Post by eblood66 »

I don't think there is any such list. The policies governing use of copyrighted materials are found in Handbook 2 Section 21.1.12.

That section says that showing commercial audiovisual materials is generally not allowed. If it is done it requires explicit permission of the copyright holder.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've never heard of such a list. Handbook 2: 21.1.12 Copyrighted Materials would give guidelines.

I think there's a general assumption that if the production is done by the church, then permission is assumed. For all others, including productions by church members, permission must be obtained.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

It is my understanding that showing a commercial move for your family in your living room is fine but showing it in a church or other function to any group is a copy-write violation without permission from the copy-write holder.

Return to “General Media Discussions”