Zoom Suggestion

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
simph1

Zoom Suggestion

Post by simph1 »

Church requirements for zoom

1. Make it easy to get into zoom without an account setup
2. Get into zoom without installing software
3. Record attendees names and what ward they are in to minister to them more effectively
4. Clerks need attendance reports automatically from zoom attendance

I have answered these questions and made a beta test system at https://zoom.suwhstake.org currently building the clerk report.

It runs from the browser and built in bootstrap, php, on a Wordpress site utilizing a MySQL database.

I would appreciate any feedback. :)

Simon
Maelikai

Re: Zoom Suggestion

Post by Maelikai »

An additional # of viewers field may be helpful for the clerks VS only counting the one person who actually logged in. Our unit applies an average per household to each unique viewer, but each connection could supply a number of individuals in their viewing party.

FYI - I like the look and feel of the stake website.
simph1

Re: Zoom Suggestion

Post by simph1 »

Our stake asked me to take that out, but I get what you are saying, like asking them in the form "How many are watching on this device?" then have a dropdown up to 10 or something?

If you notice they dont have to sign in to the zoom right? Just pop in their name, so they also do not need an account either right?

Why didn't the church come up with that time saving idea I wonder? To also help the elderly and those who find technology difficult... I also found out the system works on all devices except the TV which has to have an app installed, but this way your staying in the website, and launching zoom from the browser, and it does not install anything. ;)

Simon

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”