Family Name Assist

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jwalburger

Family Name Assist

Post by jwalburger »

“Family Name Assist is a new feature available in Leader and Clerk Resources that helps bishopric members, branch presidents and others that local leaders designate assist Church members gather information to do proxy baptisms and confirmations in a temple for deceased family members.”

Anyone know how to find this in LCR?
garystroble

Re: Family Name Assist

Post by garystroble »

jwalburger wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:33 pm “Family Name Assist is a new feature available in Leader and Clerk Resources that helps bishopric members, branch presidents and others that local leaders designate assist Church members gather information to do proxy baptisms and confirmations in a temple for deceased family members.”

Anyone know how to find this in LCR?
Temple > Temple recommends > 6th item from the top on the right hand side (Help Member Quickly Find and Print a Family Name Card for Temple Baptisms and Confirmations), does not say Family Name Assist there, but it does when you click on it.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Additionally, the Church News article points to a leader preview page, where if you click the "Learn More" button you're taken to the Steps to use Family Name Assist page, which lists two ways this tool can be accessed when using LCR.
brundall

Post by brundall »

Would a Temple and Family History Leader have access to this tool?
Last edited by brundall on Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

brundall wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:39 pm Would a Temple and Family History Leader have access to this tool?
So far it is difficult to tell as the Feature Access by Calling (formerly called Access Table) found under Help does not show this feature for anyone thus far. But see the links above from BrianEdwards as they will give you much more information and should answer your question.
brundall

Post by brundall »

I reviewed the links provided. It looks like it is accessed only through the Temple Recommend function/tool. So Bishopric members and Branch Presidents only. I am a ward temple and family history leader and don’t have that function/tool as it stands now.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

brundall wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am I reviewed the links provided. It looks like it is accessed only through the Temple Recommend function/tool. So Bishopric members and Branch Presidents only. I am a ward temple and family history leader and don’t have that function/tool as it stands now.
The church news article says "Also, other ward leaders with Leader and Clerk Resources access can be invited to help members in similar fashion." I have been tasked with figuring out if an EQ and RS president can do this and thus far it looks like the answer is "no."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mlh78 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:59 pm The church news article says "Also, other ward leaders with Leader and Clerk Resources access can be invited to help members in similar fashion." I have been tasked with figuring out if an EQ and RS president can do this and thus far it looks like the answer is "no."
The write-ups indicate that RS and EQ leaders can be "invited". It's unclear to me if the invite is general access or just to assist a specific individual member. I have a feeling from the wording that it's the latter.

I've not found detail on how it's delegated other than delegating the printing of the card.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”