Primary Chorister App

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
larkw

Primary Chorister App

Post by larkw »

My brother made an app a few years ago when he was the Primary Chorister. He tried to get it approved, but the laws on copyright is more complex than he realized. He wants this idea used, and I have gotten a LOT of feedback that people could use an app like this in Primary.
You can show the words with pictures, play the music or not, choose a language, apply a scripture to the lesson, etc. It would bless a lot of people to have this available! Maybe if the church is the one recreating this, the copyright would be covered? He is willing to help in any way as well. Programming is his passion!
Here are some videos of what ot looks like.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ7-y-9Y8W4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LpXkf9NKd0o

Lark Lawrence,
[phone # removed]
Last edited by jdlessley on Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Phone # removed to protect user privacy. This is a public forum.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Primary Chorister App

Post by sbradshaw »

Hi! I don't speak for the Church (this is mostly a user-to-user forum), but this is pretty cool – nice work! You could try sending feedback using the feedback link at the bottom of the Church website.

At Permissions.ChurchofJesusChrist.org you can request permission to use Church-owned content. Unfortunately, a lot of music content isn't owned by the Church, instead it's only licensed to the Church. For example, the song "A Child’s Prayer" is copyrighted by Janice Kapp Perry, not by the Church. Getting permissions for all of the songs will require getting in contact with several copyright owners.

The Church does have sing-along videos for many of the children's songs in the Sacred Music app. These work in much the same way, with the main difference being that the lyrics advance automatically, but for your app they advance manually with a clicker.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”