Handbook 1 will not display in english

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jirp

Re: Handbook 1 will not display in english

Post by jirp »

My problem last night was on the ward clerk's office computer. Just tried just now from my home computer with the same problem. Found 2 lds cookies hunting through the cookies. Sending both via PM.

Other info that might help. Home system is windows 8.1 and browsers tried were IE and firefox. Church system is Windows 7 and browswers were chrome and firefox.

Tried clearing all LDS.org cache and cookies at home with the same problem reoccuring.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The problem is occurring on a machine/browser that didn't used to have that problem. Something is causing a redirect from "lang=eng" to "lang=spa".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:I do not have a problem at my work computer right now. I will check at home again this evening. A redirect may very well have caused the problem.
No problem at home at all this evening. English all the way. (Although I see others are still struggling.)
MrHaverly

Post by MrHaverly »

Still happening right now as I prepare for an interview. Will try the work around defined above but please help. Also yes, I did clear all caches hand history. Switched from Chrome to IE and same problem persists. Type in Eng over Spa and problem persists.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Unrelated only by location, but until today and for a good couple years now I have not seen the language scrambling problem described in the discussion regarding viewing Handbook 1.

However, it occurred for the first time in, again a couple year, when working in medialibrar.lds.org. Had just grabbed a URL for a social media missionary run I'm doing, and when I went back to the Media Library main page it showed it in Spanish instead of English. Going to the language selector below the blue bar but above the rest of the page solved it.
surf40

Post by surf40 »

This is just a sign, since Spanish is now the predominate language in the church...........

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”