calendar times

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
davidjamesnimmer

calendar times

Post by davidjamesnimmer »

Apparently the daylight savings time change must have done something to the calendar, because all of the events I had previously put in changed by an hour. How do I fix it so they go back to the right times. Some items that others put in are still at the correct time. Help. I Have been a stake clerk for 7 years and have never had this problem of the calendar changing my times before.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: calendar times

Post by russellhltn »

The first thing is to make sure you're looking at things correctly.

The calendar takes it's cue from the time zone settings on the computer you're using. The time zone it's using for the display is shown at the far right of the left column, up near the top. It starts with "GMT". Right now, Mountain Daylight Savings is GMT-6.

You can manually set the time zone by clicking on the Gear icon and selecting Date Options.

If the events are really at the wrong time (and not just appearing at the wrong time due the wrong time zone displayed), you'll have to edit them one-by-one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidjamesnimmer

I did check the times on my computer and they are correct. I had other people comment that all the times on their calendar changed an hour later also. What happened and how can I avoid it in the future. I have no idea if all the events changed and I will have to contact everyone who submitted to see if their event changed or is correct. This is a huge problem.
davidjamesnimmer

Am I really the only person who had this happen?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

When you created the events, were you in a different time zone? Or, did you create them right around the time that daylight saving switched? If others in your ward are seeing incorrect times for those same events, then chances are there was a clock wrong (on your end or the Church's) at the time the events were created.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davidjamesnimmer wrote:I did check the times on my computer and they are correct.
Just to be clear, is the time zone setting on your computer correct? Note that there is more than one time zone that will appear to give the correct time, but the DST settings are different.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidjamesnimmer

I put those items in back in November of last year. They showed correctly on my computer as well as all the other brethren of the stake presidency up until this last week.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davidjamesnimmer wrote:I put those items in back in November of last year.
Ok, I think that's a limitation of the old calendar system. It didn't do DST very well.

Return to “Clerk Computers”