Cleaning Supplies Expenses

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Hilohi

Cleaning Supplies Expenses

Post by Hilohi »

Are the cleaning supplies that are used to routinely clean church buildings (i.e. spray cleaners, latex/plastic gloves, paper towels, trash bags, etc.) now paid for using the ward budget? I had thought the FM Group provided and restocked those supplies, but I was recently told by a ward clerk that the ward now pays for those supplies.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cleaning Supplies Expenses

Post by russellhltn »

I believe the ward orders it, but they use an account that bills to the appropriate account (not the ward's activity budget).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Exactly right. The FM Group created a Staples account for me to order cleaning supplies, which are shipped to my home.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

Is this a new thing or location specific? I've been the ward clerk when our ward has been the agent ward for the building and I never ordered anything. As agent ward, we did purchase sacrament cups, copier paper, toner, etc, but no cleaning supplies. We use the staples account for the office supplies.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

drepouille wrote:Yes, it's new this year.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22439&hilit=cleaning#p195009
Ahh, good to know. We'll be up for agent ward again in 12 months. I hope they cover the costs or the stake does. I'm still trying to convince our stake to change how the agent ward is reimbursed (because they aren't right now).
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The FM Group created a Staples account for me to order cleaning supplies, which are shipped to my home. So the FM Group still pays for cleaning supplies.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I reviewed the emails I had received from the FM Group when they created the Staples account for our building supplies. The emails indicated that the FM Group would provide a list of approved building supplies, which I never received. However, when I login to the Staples account, I see two lists of items: initial order; and approved building supplies. I copied the list of 104 approved items from the web site into a document, which I distributed to the ward council. I will print that list and post it in the cleaning closet for inventory purposes.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

chriswoodut wrote: Ahh, good to know. We'll be up for agent ward again in 12 months. I hope they cover the costs or the stake does. I'm still trying to convince our stake to change how the agent ward is reimbursed (because they aren't right now).
I've see this done 2 different ways. In my current stake the stake gives the agent ward some money for those agent ward expenses. In a prior stake the agent ward would track the expenses and occasionally bill the other units in the building for their portion of the expenses.
dtaylor01

Post by dtaylor01 »

What is the link for ordering Janitorial supplies?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”