Expenses

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
darrinjackb

Expenses

Postby darrinjackb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:42 pm

Can I reimburse an individual without a receipt

allenjpl

Re: Expenses

Postby allenjpl » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Can you? Yes. If an original receipt or an original invoice is lost, you can substitute in a written explanation with the payment’s purpose, a description of what was bought or paid for, the date the payment was made, the name of the person assisted (for payments from the fast-offering fund), and proper approval.

This option should be exercised only rarely.

cferguso55

Postby cferguso55 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:39 pm

If a receipt or invoice is not available, the member should make a full written explanation of the expense, including the date of purchase. The bishop or stake president should approve any reimbursement. The clerk can then prepare a reimbursement check and get the proper signatures.

This is from https://lds.org/help/support/recording- ... s?lang=eng

jkiclimber

Postby jkiclimber » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:04 am

Is there an updated link with this information?

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:23 am

It does look like that link is no longer valid. I can't find another link but the same information is available on the Ward Audit form under question 9. You may have to ask your stake clerk or stake finance for a copy since I don't think ward clerks can download them from the audit site.

BrianEdwards

Postby BrianEdwards » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:30 am

Is there an updated link with this information?

I assume you are seeing the same as me, clicking the link brings up a page that only displays the text "Microsoft Zune Media Player Overview"... which was definitely unexpected! Doing a search under the Help topics produces the same link referenced in the above post.

However, even more interestingly, if I change the link from spanish to english (simply by changing the end of the url from "lang=eng" to "lang=spa"), then I get the correct help reference displayed. In Spanish of course, but it's the correct help info! I've submitted Feedback using the standard link at the bottom of the page, and I encourage you to do the same. Hearing from multiple people would seem to be a better recipe for success...

jkiclimber

Postby jkiclimber » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:22 am

Yes, I see the same "Microsoft Zune Media Player Overview". I've submitted feedback as well. Thanks for your help.

callmebat62

Postby callmebat62 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:23 am

in the Chrome browser, after changing the URL from "lang=eng" to "lang=spa", a window in the tools bar pops up giving me the option to translate the page to English. The Chrome browser is what I'm currently using so I don't know if that feature will be available in other browsers.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”