Expenses

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
darrinjackb

Expenses

Post by darrinjackb »

Can I reimburse an individual without a receipt
allenjpl

Re: Expenses

Post by allenjpl »

Can you? Yes. If an original receipt or an original invoice is lost, you can substitute in a written explanation with the payment’s purpose, a description of what was bought or paid for, the date the payment was made, the name of the person assisted (for payments from the fast-offering fund), and proper approval.

This option should be exercised only rarely.
cferguso55

Post by cferguso55 »

If a receipt or invoice is not available, the member should make a full written explanation of the expense, including the date of purchase. The bishop or stake president should approve any reimbursement. The clerk can then prepare a reimbursement check and get the proper signatures.

This is from https://lds.org/help/support/recording- ... s?lang=eng
jkiclimber

Post by jkiclimber »

Is there an updated link with this information?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

It does look like that link is no longer valid. I can't find another link but the same information is available on the Ward Audit form under question 9. You may have to ask your stake clerk or stake finance for a copy since I don't think ward clerks can download them from the audit site.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Is there an updated link with this information?
I assume you are seeing the same as me, clicking the link brings up a page that only displays the text "Microsoft Zune Media Player Overview"... which was definitely unexpected! Doing a search under the Help topics produces the same link referenced in the above post.

However, even more interestingly, if I change the link from spanish to english (simply by changing the end of the url from "lang=eng" to "lang=spa"), then I get the correct help reference displayed. In Spanish of course, but it's the correct help info! I've submitted Feedback using the standard link at the bottom of the page, and I encourage you to do the same. Hearing from multiple people would seem to be a better recipe for success...
jkiclimber

Post by jkiclimber »

Yes, I see the same "Microsoft Zune Media Player Overview". I've submitted feedback as well. Thanks for your help.
callmebat62

Post by callmebat62 »

in the Chrome browser, after changing the URL from "lang=eng" to "lang=spa", a window in the tools bar pops up giving me the option to translate the page to English. The Chrome browser is what I'm currently using so I don't know if that feature will be available in other browsers.
klinford1633

Post by klinford1633 »

Testing Payment Section: When there are no invoices nor receipts available, does a cancelled check provide adequate documentation for a "Yes" check? That is providing there is information on the check as to purpose, person, date and amount?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

klinford1633 wrote:Testing Payment Section: When there are no invoices nor receipts available, does a cancelled check provide adequate documentation for a "Yes" check? That is providing there is information on the check as to purpose, person, date and amount?
A cancelled check is not adequate documentation to check yes on that audit question. If you read the instructions for the audit question, it gives more explanation on what is required.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”