Application to First Presidency

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
aaronengineer

Application to First Presidency

Post by aaronengineer »

I can't find the place to make comments or suggestions for the Leader and Clerk permissions page. My concern is this: soon the application to the First Presidency will be online, but permission is only planned for the bishop, at the ward level. The two bishops I have served with have always asked me to help the member gather the information needed including letters from appropriate parties. I anticipate this to continue and it would be easier if the ward clerk had access to this function as he does to name removal. Name removal also had a similar policy set before and then had the clerk added later, for the same reason I understand.
Anyone know where I can submit these comments or have a thought/comment?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Application to First Presidency

Post by jdlessley »

Decisions for these types of things are made by the Brethren. The best method to get a request to them is to use the current chain of authority to have it passed up the chain. You take it to the bishop, who takes it to the stake president, who takes it to the Area Seventy, and so on.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Re: Application to First Presidency

Post by johnshaw »

soon... ah, young newbie, stick around a while, you'll learn a new definition of the word soon. There is also, no possible way that the Church will go back and fix the permissions issues inside MLS. You have access to the Form there, use the paper for now... I'll be the other access is none too soon!
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”