Reviewing Data

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
RichardsED

Reviewing Data

Post by RichardsED »

Hey!

We've noticed in our ward that there are many who don't have up-to-date contact info within their MLS record; we assume it's because they haven't updated it in their LDS account.

Is there a report we could print and pass around that shows their current email, cell, address, etc? We'd LOVE to invite members to go home and update their LDS account info, but typically they forget or are too busy (you know how that goes, right? *wink*).

Thanks in advance for any help,
Eric
Gary_Miller

Re: Reviewing Data

Post by Gary_Miller »

Richardsed wrote:We've noticed in our ward that there are many who don't have up-to-date contact info within their MLS record; we assume it's because they haven't updated it in their LDS account.
The lack of up-to-date contact information MLS is only because the clerks have not been given the information so it can be updated. Members can only update their phone and email address on LDS.ORG.
Richardsed wrote:Is there a report we could print and pass around that shows their current email, cell, address, etc?
An abbreviated directory printed out of MLS would do this. However, the best way I have found is for the organization leaders to pass the information on to the clerks when they receive it.

Another way is to ensure your ward is doing an IOS review each year at tithing settlement.
Richardsed wrote:We'd LOVE to invite members to go home and update their LDS account info,
Updating their LDS account won't fix it, they have to update the directory and then they can only update their e-mail and phone numbers.
RichardsED

Post by RichardsED »

thanks Gary-- that's what we'll do. I'm serving as a Young Single Adult ward and the turnover is crazy. This will help so much.

Much appreciated-
Eric
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Gary_Miller wrote:
Richardsed wrote:We'd LOVE to invite members to go home and update their LDS account info,
Updating their LDS account won't fix it, they have to update the directory and then they can only update their e-mail and phone numbers.
The LDS Account e-mail address can be different from the e-mail address in the Directory. Updating the Directory updates MLS. And likewise, updating MLS updates the Directory. But changing the e-mail address in the LDS Account does not update the Directory nor MLS. Updating the Directory or MLS does not update the LDS Account e-mail address either. There is no update connectivity between LDS Account and the Directory or MLS as Gary stated.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

What my daughters YSA bishop does: He has a clerk review the IOS with everyone that comes in for an interview of any kind. Yes, a clerk needs to be there when they are interviewed, but they usually are anyway. It only takes a few minutes and the clerk either enters the information right then or write it down and enter it later. If the ward computer is busy with finances or something, they review it on one of their laptops or tablets.
RichardsED

Post by RichardsED »

I like it! I'll review that with my clerks. Thank you!
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

I occurs to me: I might consider calling an "assistant membership clerk" or something. And make it their calling just to check IOS of all the ward members. If he did 10 or 15 every Sunday, he would soon catch up everyone in the ward. Then it would just be a matter of keeping track of all the turnovers...
RichardsED

Post by RichardsED »

Ha TinMan-- we're a step ahead! :) We've called a man to that position and I think your vision matches our SO well. Perfect!

Cheers,
Eric
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

He may even find some people to date.

BONUS!

Return to “General Discussions”